|24th September 2009, 18:28||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Thanked: 14 Times
Need help planning Pune-Kodai-Munnar-Banglore-Pune Trip
Here is the high level plan and dates. I am looking for advise on the places to break journey mid ways, good places to stay there. I will be driving in Sonata CRDi. My prior driving experience involves numourous 10 hour Pune-Goa, zillion Pune-Mumbai-Alibag-Nasik trips. Driving speeds are around 80 km/h on undivided road, Pune-Kolhapur ar around 110, Pune-Mumbai at around 130. Typically I like to drive continuous , with minium breaks. Typically we carry small snack food, water and other things. Break only for lunch for about 40 mins. by default I am the single driver, wify likes to chip in only on emergencies. I have a GPS in my car with latest SatNav maps. Also has access to google maps through mgmaps.
1. Start from Pune 4.00am 10th October
2. At around 4pm Stopover before Bangluru to the place before the traffic starts. Which will be this place , and where to stay?
3. Start again (11th October) at 5.00am take the outer ring road/ Nice road (From prior reports and google maps , but will need real world information)
4. Continue to Housor -Kodai. Copyrights to HVKumar (Krishnagiri BP, Dharmapuri, Toppur, Mecheri, Mettur Dam, Bhavani, NH47, Perunthurai, Chennimalai,Gangayam, Dharapuram BP, Palani, Kodaikanal).
Reach Club Mahindra Kodai resort.
5. Start to Munnar Club Mahindra on 13th October
6. Start from Munnar on 17th October
7. Reach Banglore on 17th night, Stay near E city. Meet couple of ol friends on 18th.
8. Start back from Housor on 19th 4.00am. Reach Pune by 6.00pm.
So guys any help, suggestions, route help, roads to avoid, recent road experiences.