Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 19:02   #1

Pune-Srisailam

Hi,

I am planning to make a trip to Srisailam sometime next week.

Option 1 is - Pune -> Solapur -> Hyderabad -> Srisailam

I was checking google maps and it gave an option of -
Option 2 - Pune -> Solapur -> Akkalkot -> Gulburga -> Muhbugnagar -> Achmepet -> Srisailam.

Has anyone taken this route mentioned in Option 2? How are the road conditions? Is it safe?

Thanks,
Parag
Old 24th September 2009, 19:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Travelling via Gulbarga I do not know the road conditions it is worth while driving through Hyderabad.The other option after crossing Bhel you can take a right turn and go towards Hitech City on the outer ring road towards Shamshabad airport cross the airport it will touch the Srisailam road without coming into Hyderabad city.
Old 24th September 2009, 20:08   #3
BHPian

Option 2 should be fine , daytime , I travelled quite sometime back , please cross check with hyderabad TBhpians .
Old 24th September 2009, 22:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2parag View Post
Hi,

I am planning to make a trip to Srisailam sometime next week.

Option 1 is - Pune -> Solapur -> Hyderabad -> Srisailam

I was checking google maps and it gave an option of -
Option 2 - Pune -> Solapur -> Akkalkot -> Gulburga -> Muhbugnagar -> Achmepet -> Srisailam.

Has anyone taken this route mentioned in Option 2? How are the road conditions? Is it safe?

Thanks,
Parag
Route 1 is preferable,there is no great saving travelling via Gulbarga.

Take Pune-Solapur-Zaheerabad-Sangareddy-After Sangareddy,the 4 lane towards Hyd begins,after around 50kms,you would reach a place called Kandi,take a right towards NH-7(Bangalore Highway).Good signages available for the turn off to NH7.take that and you would reach NH7.At NH7 take a left and go via Shamshabad Airport towards Srisailam Highway and at the S'sailam highway take a right and go on towards Srisailam.Hyd-Srisailam would take around 5 hours and Pune-Kandi would take around 8-9 hours.

I would prefer to do it as a day trip from Hyd.Stay overnight at Hyd and travel to Srisailam & from Srisailam you could either go straight back to Pune or stay the night at Hyd again and then go on to pune.This suggestion as you need to travel through the Nallamala forests before 8pm.No vehicles are allowed through the forests from 8pm to 6am.
Old 25th September 2009, 01:08   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

@Parag, +1 to Ranjit's suggestion. If i were in your shoes, i would do exactly what he suggested.

You can reach Pune--> Srisailam by 6pm in one continous drive but that means you need to start pretty early, say around 4AM-5AM and it would be quite strenous to cover 750kms in a single day.

Hence, it's best you spend the night in Hyderabad and start early morning towards Srisailam.
Old 25th September 2009, 19:45   #6
BHPian

If you plan on driving during the day time, then I would suggest you go via Gulbarga and Mahbubnagar. I think this is the more straightforward route and takes you to the destination without any stopovers and also without any big city traffic jams. You should start by 5 am and reach Srisailam by 6 pm with breaks on the way for breakfast and lunch
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

The Kurnool-Atmakur-Srisailam(Mahbubnagar route) and the Hyd-Srisailam route have been blocked due to heavy rains and the Dindi resrvoir is overflowing onto the road.
Old 24th April 2013, 15:08   #8
BHPian

Re: Pune-Srisailam

Hi Guys.. Reviving this thread again.

Plan to do Pune-Srisailam-Pune this weekend. Will take Mon-Tues leave and with 1 May off, I will have total 5 days - Sat to Wed.

Planning to leave Pune by 5-6AM on Saturday. We will be 3 pax - me (driver), wifey (navigator) and my mom-in-law.

Though I have separately checked the Pune-HYD and HYD-Srisailam thread, but what I need to know here is route to take to Srisailam on reaching HYD while driving from Pune.

-Do I need to enter HYD city or is there a bypass?

-Looking at the summer heat, Pune-Srisailam at a stretch could be too long to cover in a day ~750kms. So, if I choose to stay ay HYD and do HYD-Srisailam as a day trip then what are options to stay at HYD with easy connectivity to both Pune and Srisailam exits.

-Or if chose to drive the entire distance, wat are good options at Srisailam? Got to know onlu Haritha from Hyd-Srisailam thread, which I guess would require advance booking. So if I happen to manage and directly reach Srisailam, would not want to be stranded without an option to stay in case Haritha is full. So any pointers here will help.

-Has anyone recently done this stretch?

-What are my other sight-seeing options in and around Srisailam/HYD?

-Apart from above queries too, pls share anything you feels is important and I should know of.

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari
Old 24th April 2013, 15:28   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
-Do I need to enter HYD city or is there a bypass?
- Drive on NH9 till HYD ORR.
- Take the ORR and then exit out to Srirsailam road

Route Link

Last edited by ampere : 24th April 2013 at 15:33.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 14:23   #10
BHPian

Returned from Pune-Srisailam-Pune trip (~1600 kms) on 29 April.

Road Condition :
Good - Pune to Solapur. Though there are diversions but this is the patch u will save max time and drive fast.
Bad - After you enter Karnataka from BasavaKalyan to Hyd - about 120 odd kms also if found Entire AP stretch till Hyd is torn out with deep crators. You need to be really careful.

Hyd ORR is excellent. One of finest roads I have recently driven.

HYD to Srisailam : 235 Kms. Good roads. Recently laid out surface. Forest area closed between 9pm to 6am.
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 00:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Planning a trip from Pune to Srisailam.
Are there any recommendations on the route to be taken?

Option 1 is to stop over at Hyderabad and then head to Srisailam the next day.
Option 2 is to go via Solapur, Kodangal and Mahabubnagar and halt somewhere in between.

That is Google's suggestion, but not necessarily the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks