Team-BHP - Trip abroad or Trip of a lifetime inside India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Trip abroad or Trip of a lifetime inside India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/66178-trip-abroad-trip-lifetime-inside-india.html)

Hi all ,
Want to start a thread to get a reality check of peoples interest in touring.So here goes the question:

If you had the money , Time and Energy for a long trip , say 2 weeks , Would you opt for a trip to Europe , Hongkong etc or one hell of a trip in your 4 wheeler accross india like , Leh , Kashmir or any other place for that matter like our team-bhpian's have done or currently doing it clap:

lovely idea. love this concept.

for me it is simple:

1. Fat Budget + Time Available means I would prefer travel to a placethat I ve not yet seen in order to soak in the experience. Only rider is that whichever place it is needs access to a bit of golf, lots of beautiful photogenic countryside, if possible some hills and again if possible, some wildlife.

2. Slimmer Budget + Time Available means I would happily travel in my Scorpio on a nice road trip to somewhere within the country - mostly hill stations. In fact whenever we can manage a 3-4 days weekend I usually hop in the Scorp and buzz off to the hills anyway.

The considerations within India being - it is not always practicable or safe (given our roads and traffic) to motor one's own car from say Bangalore to say Ranthambore Sanctuary given the constraints of time and the urge to maximize the time available.

And I am not terribly happy to land up in Delhi and borrow or rent a self drive and go to Mussoorie or somewhere. Id rather have my own Scorp with me somehow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by @400Kph (Post 1501271)
Hi all ,
Want to start a thread to get a reality check of peoples interest in toruing.So here goes the question:

If you had the money , Time and Energy for a long trip , say 2 weeks , Would you opt for a trip to Europe , Hongkong etc or one hell of a trip in your 4 wheeler accross india like , Leh , Kashmir or any other place for that matter like our team-bhpian's have done or currently doing it clap:

Well said shankar. But my intention of creating this thread was , to check what is peoples preference inspite of knowing all the above mentioned points about india and its road. I have seen travelogues of people who dont care what kind of road they drive in , just drive for the sake of it and reach those places. Would soembody go for a back-aching long trip inside india or hop onto an airplane and check into a nice 5 star hotel in europe for a weekend skii trip ? As i mentioned in the poll , money ,time and energy is assumed to plenty ;-).

I have travelled across the length and breadth of India, so I would really like to do Europe and Austrialia. No, sorry cancel Australia for the fear of getting beaten to pulp.

ok so plenty of time + plenty of money is a given - (what fun it is to dream)

back ache/ bad roads/ danger traffic/ tiring drive holiday vs 5 star golf holiday - for me my friend the preference is a no brainer so no prizes for guessing which:)

However I do completely love my regular road trips in and around South India - Hill Stations like Ooty, Coorg, Munnar, Anamallais etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by @400Kph (Post 1501306)
Well said shankar. But my intention of creating this thread was , to check what is peoples preference inspite of knowing all the above mentioned points about india and its road. I have seen travelogues of people who dont care what kind of road they drive in , just drive for the sake of it and reach those places. Would soembody go for a back-aching long trip inside india or hop onto an airplane and check into a nice 5 star hotel in europe for a weekend skii trip ? As i mentioned in the poll , money ,time and energy is assumed to plenty ;-).

Hi guys , please do vote along with comments.

Sorry for the goof up. Voted now. Visit the Pope ??? Oooook

If I had the money and the time , I would surely travel the length and breath of our country.
Nobody actuallys values India for it's beauty and diversity. We have the oldest architecture and the most abundant wildlife.
If you have the money you are King in India , abroad you are just another traveller searching for Fun.
India is more of a place where people are genuine especially the to tourist spots.
Genuine meaning they would help or cheat very very Genuinely.:D

Good one. I always thought that a Holiday is always outside India. However, after reading the Leh trips of the other TBHP fellas my views comletely changed. Any day I would prefer a holiday in India to abroad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP_812 (Post 1501388)
If I had the money and the time , I would surely travel the length and breath of our country.
Nobody actuallys values India for it's beauty and diversity. We have the oldest architecture and the most abundant wildlife.
If you have the money you are King in India , abroad you are just another traveller searching for Fun.
India is more of a place where people are genuine especially the to tourist spots.

+100 to that clap: You voiced my opinion buddy.

correct. points made are excellent.
however, the question is would you do a drive trip across the length and breadth of the country vs an air trip to see some place else in the world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP_812 (Post 1501388)
Genuine meaning they would help or cheat very very Genuinely.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by @400Kph (Post 1501271)
If you had the money , Time and Energy for a long trip , say 2 weeks...

Interesting question, that! Money being the deciding factor, I would happily do either as and when I can afford it. As to the energy, just planning for a trip boosts my energy levels, so I don't foresee a lack of it to travel to either type of destination. Time - hmmm... 2 weeks is a tough call, and since time is often the biggest deciding factor, my trips are confined to India in general. While travelling, I rather like to have my wheels accompanying me, so in order to save on time I put in non-stop overnight stints of driving.

Votes for india seems to be leading clap:clap: Glad to know.

Holiday across the country can be performed with a slimmer purse as well and the options are open more often than once. The chance to go to exotic locations outside the country comes rarely.

Time-lines, money, kids etc. are like all stars that need to be aligned in a favourable position, for one to make an international travel.

Although I agree that our country has much much more things to see. Still once in a while I would prefer the Swiss Alps for a long vacation.

Voted.

Would love to do the India Trip in my holidays on my veichle and a foreign trip as a break :D

I am actually planning such stuff and as a starting stone I am hunting down a perfect vehicle which i can trust upon.