Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 03:43   #1

Rajasthan Road Trip 1800 KMS

Hi guys ,

I am planning a road trip covering Jaipur - Ajmer - Chittaurgarh - Udaipur - Abu Road - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer and then back to Jaipur via Ajmer .

I am planning to cover this in about 8 days .

What are the best possible roads for this route?

I also have the option of going to Jaisalmer first , which route would be better , the one via Ajmer and Jodhpur or via Nagaur .

Recommendations for for places to visit in individual cities are also welcome.

And are there any particular roads/stretches that i should be aware of .

I used google maps to calculate the distance and it's coming out to be around 1800 kms.
Old 28th September 2009, 19:07   #2

C'mon guys help me out!
Old 1st October 2009, 21:40   #3
BHPian

Shivnats,

How do you plan to drive? What is your starting point? Have you worked a tentative schedule? All that will help people to give precise inputs.

Udaipur-Chitaurgarh-Mount Abu are in the southern part of Rajasthan. You can keep Udaipur as base and do these as day trips.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ngalore-3.html

Hope this helps. When do you plan to travel?

Nainar

Am doing a road trip myself in second week of October and I will be entering from south rajasthan. So, I keep Udaipur as base, do Kumbhalkarh,Mount Abu and then proceed to Jodhpur. From there I intend to go to Jaisalmer, back to Jodhpur and proceed to Jaipur. You can get more details in this thread
Old 2nd October 2009, 10:58   #4
BHPian

I came back from a Rajasthan trip from Kolkata by road. Most roads in Rajasthan are great.

I will be posting a travelougue soon , so that should help you.

Your starting point should be Jaipur I assume.

What kinds of Hotels do you prefer?

I stayed at Hotels close to the Highways and used rented cars for city tours.

You can plan like this:

Jaipur - Chittaurgarh - Udaipur - Abu Road - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer -Ajmer -Jaipur.

The cities mentioned are night halts.

Alternately,

Jaipur - Ajmer - Chittaurgarh - Udaipur - Abu Road - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer -Bikaner -Jaipur.

You can drive on Highways in the morning and visit the places of interest in the afternoon and evening.

For Krishangar - Udaipur , I would advise you to take the GQ route instead of NH8, because of heavy truck traffic. From Ajmer there is a beautiful road through the hills that connects to the GQ at Nasirabad.

Last edited by black_panther : 2nd October 2009 at 11:12.
Old 2nd October 2009, 13:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

The route via Nasirabad and Bhilwara to Udaipur is much better. The only stretch that is bad is Chittaurgarh stretch, But i believe that the Chittaur by pass should be open now.

For Udaipur out of the many many places of interest you could visit the following:-
1. city palace, also visit the crystal gallery, I think its a must
2. Saheliyon ki bari
3. Maharana Pratap Smarak.
4. sunset point
5. Light and sound show at city palace
6. Jag Mandir
7. Vintage collection of cars (dont remeber which palace is it in)

For Mt. Abu
1. Trevors tank
2. Guru Shikhar

For Chittaurgarh
1. Chittaurgarh Fort - Drive your car in and see all the points. One time car charge is Rs 10/- .

There is a travelogue by Samurai and covers most of the places that you wish to cover in detail, you could get some help from there. you will find the travelogue here

Regards
Old 5th October 2009, 11:20   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
The route via Nasirabad and Bhilwara to Udaipur is much better. The only stretch that is bad is Chittaurgarh stretch, But i believe that the Chittaur by pass should be open now.
Chittaur by pass is complete and very fast. From Ajmer it took 4 hours to reach Udaipur. No bad stretches. The route is devoid of truck traffic (only a few).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks