Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2009, 15:21   #1
BHPian

Acommodation in Guna, MP and Dhule, MAH

I have scoured the net for info on hotel options in Guna, MP and Dhule, Mah but there seems very little out there.

Seasoned travelers and road-trippers - if you have any names / tel nos. of hotels in these towns, could you please share them here? It would be a HUGE help!!

Thank you very much!
Shutterbugger
Old 16th October 2009, 00:08   #2
BHPian

Hi Shutterbugger,

Since I'm a newbie on Team-BHP, was not able to reply to your thread promptly, however I can provide you little bit of info on hotel options both in Guna, MP and Dhule, Maharashtra.

In Guna, MP - If you are coming from Gwalior, Shivpuri to Guna, then you will get a by-pass to Guna town or coming from Bhopal, Biaora to Guna, you need to take a wrong side of the toll gate (right side) to get into Guna town, you can ask anybody for the Bus Stand, there you find lots of buses waiting and its only on the main road, its not like a big state bus stand. Just behind this busstand is a pretty good reasonable hotel(adjacent to a Wine Shop). Since I have stayed there with my cousin's family was a better hotel to stay in all of Guna. I'm sorry unable to get the hotel name, even though I've been there in September last week. (Also want to caution you whole lot of dug out holes on the highway from Gwalior to Guna all the way to Biaora, driving in night was really risky, I had to evade so many of them, out travel time got short by 2 hours as we were coming from Bhopal, Itarsi).

Dhule, Maharashtra - I was coming from Indore, Sendhwa, MP and then into Maharashtra, since it was almost 11pm, you get a by-pass road (left goes to Nagpur and straight towards Malegaon, Nasik - NH3). Take the left road, you do not have enter the town here, you can ask anybody there for hotels. Been there in February, unable to recollect hotel name, there are few good hotels and dhabas lined up. (For your info - since it was February, after some distance away from indore & mhow, you come across a deep ghat section, which is all dugged up, need to be dead slow, this almost for 10-15 kms i suppose, but once you are out of it, you enter Sendhwa and then into Maharashtra, the highway is good, however at nights it's deserted, lots of check posts stop heavy trucks so that they can be able to go in groups (convoy) rather than singling out). Well I hope this info would be of much help for you.
Old 16th October 2009, 13:02   #3
BHPian

Thanks a lot, Scorpydave. These directions will be helpful.
@ Guna - I learnt from some other forum that Hotel Sara (near Maruti showroom on AB Rd.) is a good place to stay. Is this the one you were referring to? Hotel Varun is nearby too I am told

@ Dhule - Hotel Residency Park (at Surat-Nagpur diversion) was suggested to me. Looks like it might be in the same general area you described.

On a different note, I didnt know that trucks are taken in police convoys over the MP-MAH border near Dhule...thought that area was safe and only the area around Jhabua had the problem of looting by tribals. Thanks for the post - we will be extra careful to not travel in the night.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:19   #4
BANNED

MP (and for that matter UP, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chattisgarh) highways, by and large, are safe only during daylight hours.
Old 21st October 2009, 01:30   #5
BHPian

@Guna - It's probably similar to some hotel name with "V", so could be Varun, however i'm not sure, but major landmark for you is just behind Guna Bus stand on the main road.

@Dhule - Sounds something like the Residency Park, however there are quite a few dhabas around there on this Dhule-Nagpur bypass, so you sure can check it out.

Quite some number of police check posts are lined up as you come close to MP-MAH border and the truck convoys happens around there. We were just flying past all these checkposts since we thought them as some RTO checkposts, but later realised when we came across some good 60-70 kms stretch before dhule was totally pitch black, we could find little hope once we found few trucks coming in opposite direction, anyway best would be driving during day, as the monsoon has just ended, so the roads would be in pretty bad shape as well. Safe driving and keep us posted on this route.
Old 21st October 2009, 09:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Residency Park it is at Dhulia, at the junction where NH6 turns off to go towards Surat.
Old 1st November 2009, 00:11   #7
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I think H V Kumar sure is right about the Residency on that Surat diversion, because I remember it very nicely where i stayed was on the bypass from Indore, Sendhwa and the one heading towards Nagpur bypass, don't recollect any such hotel name on this route.
Old 3rd November 2009, 23:46   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbugger View Post
I have scoured the net for info on hotel options in Guna, MP and Dhule, Mah but there seems very little out there.

Seasoned travelers and road-trippers - if you have any names / tel nos. of hotels in these towns, could you please share them here? It would be a HUGE help!!

Thank you very much!
Shutterbugger
hi there

had been to mp there are two options

1 at dhule just on the highway to your right is the residency park with good vfm restaurants like chitchat.

2 is to turn right at dhamnod towards maheshwar 12kms and stay at the mpstdc narmada resort bang on river narmada maheshwar is beautiful too with its bathing ghats and temples.

regards

praveen
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbugger View Post

Thank you very much!
Shutterbugger
Boss I can tell you about accomodation in GUNA but this infornation is dated about 30 to 35 years old , we used to go to punjab from mumbai and stay at guna in a GOVT. REST HOUSE it was on highway itself and in those days for a full family and a large dormitary the Khansama( Caretaker ) used to charge us 90/- per night. Now I am Not aware it is still there or not

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks