Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 19:14   #1

To Kanha National Park from Gurgaon

Hi All,
A couple of friends and I are planning to go down to the Kanha National Park for some new year fun! I am in a bit of a fix about the route though.

Google Maps suggests the following:
Gurgaon - Agra - Gwalior - Jhansi - Chhatarpur - Damoh - Jabalpur - Kanha

I know the road upto Gwalior (300 kms) and am aware that it can be done in about 6 hours. What I do not know is how the roads fare after Gwalior. The rest of the distance is about 650 kms and it entirely lies in MP - about whose roads I haven't heard anything charitable from anyone

If I assume a measly average 0f 40 km/h for the Gwalior - Kanha stretch, then it would take about 16 hours. Add to that 6 hours upto Gwalior and we are looking at 22 hours of drive!

I was wondering is anyone has done this route or part of this route and probably give me an estimate as to how much time really the journey might take. The thing is owing to time constraints, we do not want to break the journey. Hence, the query.

Thanks a lot!
Old 16th October 2009, 01:17   #2
BHPian

Hi there,

I've been on the Gwalior - Jhansi - Sagar (NH26) in early March this year, there has been a 4 lane happening till Sagar (MP), but the way the work seems going should take more than a year, hence lot of diversions on this road, it's like you get on to one of the 4 lane road for 3/4 kms and again diversion, gravel road and then hit the 4 lane diversion and so forth, this was very happening on this route, (Gwalior to Jhansi can be done at 2 1/2 -3 hours as per the latest road situation which is close to 100 kms).
Old 16th October 2009, 13:16   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineOil View Post
Hi All,
A couple of friends and I are planning to go down to the Kanha National Park for some new year fun! I am in a bit of a fix about the route though.

I know the road upto Gwalior (300 kms) and am aware that it can be done in about 6 hours. What I do not know is how the roads fare after Gwalior. The rest of the distance is about 650 kms and it entirely lies in MP - about whose roads I haven't heard anything charitable from anyone

If I assume a measly average 0f 40 km/h for the Gwalior - Kanha stretch, then it would take about 16 hours. Add to that 6 hours upto Gwalior and we are looking at 22 hours of drive!

I was wondering is anyone has done this route or part of this route and probably give me an estimate as to how much time really the journey might take. The thing is owing to time constraints, we do not want to break the journey. Hence, the query.

Thanks a lot!
Within the Routes / Travel Queries sub-form, there are a couple of threads from people who've done a part of the stretch you're trying to cover. For instance, do read the following two posts which have useful info on the Gwalior-Chhatarpur stretch:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1141957
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1143459

I am going on a Del-Gwalior-Guna-Indore-Mumbai trip starting 23rd Oct and have been reading up on road conditions. What I've found so far is...
- road gets really bad around Datia on NH75 between Gwalior and Jhansi
- around Morena (Chambal area) on the Dholpur-Gwalior stretch of NH3, its dodgy to even offer help, esp. after sun-down. Roads are good on this stretch but hardly any facilities. So, better to re-fuel in Agra.

Will let you know my first-hand experience once I am back from my trip
Old 10th March 2011, 21:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: To Kanha National Park from Gurgaon

I'm planning a trip to Bandhavgarh, Kanha & Pench - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...h-gurgaon.html

Stumbled onto this thread. Have you guys written your travelogues? If yes, then point me to the link and if not then do write and recount your experience. It will be of help to others and specially to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineOil View Post
Hi All,

Thanks a lot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbugger View Post

I am going on a Del-Gwalior-Guna-Indore-Mumbai trip starting 23rd Oct and have been reading up on road conditions. What I've found so far is...
- road gets really bad around Datia on NH75 between Gwalior and Jhansi
- around Morena (Chambal area) on the Dholpur-Gwalior stretch of NH3, its dodgy to even offer help, esp. after sun-down. Roads are good on this stretch but hardly any facilities. So, better to re-fuel in Agra.

Will let you know my first-hand experience once I am back from my trip

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks