Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2009, 14:56   #1
BHPian

Suggestions for routes for relaxation/pleasure drives around Delhi

Hi All,

My wife and I occasionally go on late-night drives after a dinner or something, just to relax, unwind, listen to some good music, and just enjoy each other's company.

Usually, I used to go to NH8, upto the Manesar toll plaza, and back to Delhi from there. I liked this route because it's one straight, wide road, unlike the roads in Central Delhi, which even though wide and deserted, require you to be attentive on where you're going rather than relaxing. But lately, even this so-called expressway has become pretty congested, even late at night.

Calling all BHP-ians in various cities to suggest routes where one can go for a leisurely drive for an hour or so late at night, without having to weave between slow moving trucks and without being scared to death by overtaking cabs.

Happy Driving,
Cheers,
Vineet
Old 1st November 2009, 23:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Isn't it lovely to drive around on desolate roads late at night with no one to pester you or encroach on the privacy?

But a sincere advice; avoid if possible. Not trying to scare you, but times are not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetmanghani View Post
Hi All,

My wife and I occasionally go on late-night drives after a dinner or something, just to relax, unwind, listen to some good music, and just enjoy each other's company.

Happy Driving,
Cheers,
Vineet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks