Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 20:49   #1
BHPian

Drive from Mysore to Hyderabad - avoiding traffic at Bangalore

I am planning to drive from Mysore to Hyderabad next week. I will be passing through Bangalore on a weekday (around 10 am) and I am worried about getting stuck in the traffic. Is there a bye-pass that I can take from the Mysore road to NH 7? I do not mind a longer route, but I would like to avoid roads likely to have heavy traffic and minimize the time I spend in transiting Bangalore.
Old 12th November 2009, 21:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

There's no bypass as such but I guess the best bet would be the outer ring road. It would meet NH7 at hebbal flyover. That way you avoid the city.

See google maps for details.
Old 12th November 2009, 22:01   #3
BHPian

Since you have planned to pass through Bangalore @ 10.00am, which is peak traffic hours in bangalore. The heavy traffic starts from Bangalore university entrance gate on Mysore Road. Avoid entering the city and pass through ring road route.
After passing Kumbalagodu & NICE road junction and before Kengeri town u will find a Semi circular arch Bridge. Take left turn here which leads to Kengeri Satellite Town & Ring road.
Continue on Ring road passing through Magadi Road, Tumkur Road, BEL Circle and reach Hebbal fly over ( NH7).
By taking this route u can avoid only 50% of city traffic and as for as my opinion, this is the best possible route. Refer the google link below.
="Google Maps
Old 12th November 2009, 22:41   #4
BHPian

You can completely avoid Bangalore. Check out the post below. See the second option via Mysore road - NICE road - Nelamangala - Dodballapur - Devanahalli.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/726514-post46.html
Old 13th November 2009, 10:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Instead of taking the Bangalore route, take the Mysore-Srirangapattana-Pandavapura-Nagamangala-Bellur-Tumkur-Madhugiri-Hindupur-Penukonda(NH7)-Hyderabad route

Roads are good upto Tumkur. After that, I'm not sure.

Alternatively Mysore-NICE road-Tumkur road-Nelamangala-Doddaballapur-GowiBidanur-Hindupur-Penukonda(NH7)-Hyderabad

I'm not aware of the road conditions on this route. Distance wise, there should not be much difference
Old 13th November 2009, 13:26   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree70 View Post
Since you have planned to pass through Bangalore @ 10.00am, which is peak traffic hours in bangalore. The heavy traffic starts from Bangalore university entrance gate on Mysore Road. Avoid entering the city and pass through ring road route.
After passing Kumbalagodu & NICE road junction and before Kengeri town u will find a Semi circular arch Bridge. Take left turn here which leads to Kengeri Satellite Town & Ring road.
Continue on Ring road passing through Magadi Road, Tumkur Road, BEL Circle and reach Hebbal fly over ( NH7).
By taking this route u can avoid only 50% of city traffic and as for as my opinion, this is the best possible route. Refer the google link below.
="Google Maps
This is the best route and shortest, i stay in Hebbal .. always take this route to tarvel to Mysore...Traffic cannot be avoided in Bangalore at 10 AM..from where ever you enter
Old 13th November 2009, 18:54   #7
BHPian

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot guys - I will take the Outer Ring Road as suggested. Any idea how long it will take from the branch off at Kengeri to where I will hit NH 7 ?
Old 13th November 2009, 22:25   #8
BHPian

Suggest to take
Mysore-NICE road-Tumkur road-Nelamangala-Doddaballapur-GowiBidanur-Hindupur-Penukonda(NH7)-Hyderabad

Traffic on outer ring road can be really bad and can easily take 2 hrs of your time.

regards,
-manju
Old 13th November 2009, 22:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

I am not a Bangalorean, but I visited that city a few days ago. It took the cab driver 1 hour 30 minutes to reach the Devanahalli airport from Global Village on Mysore Road. We started at 1640 hours and we took the route through Bangalore University campus, that joins NH7 at Hebbal. I am not sure if this is the route somebody recommended above.
Old 14th November 2009, 13:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

How is the road condition between Neelmangla- Dodaballapur to Chickabalapur.As the road from Chickabalapur to Penukonda is four lane it is better to go through this route than going through Hindupur from Dodaballapur.
Old 14th November 2009, 13:59   #11
BHPian

Well, the Route from Chickballapur to Penukonda is being 4 laned. I've done this just a week back. The Road is good but with diversions. There are atleast 12-15 Speed Breakers in between these 2 destinations, and I mean Speed Breakers as well as Bone Breakers and Suspension Breakers. So, watch out for them. Once the Toll collection starts, these Speed Breakers will be removed.

And I heard that the Gouribidnur to Hindupur to Penukonda route is not as good but motorable.

On the lighter side - Just Helihop to avoid all this

Last edited by jaaz : 14th November 2009 at 14:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks