Team-BHP - Hosur Road has become two way?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Hosur Road has become two way? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/69675-hosur-road-has-become-two-way.html)

Hi

I just saw a message from traffic police on a friend's mobile- "Hosur Road has become two way now, there will be some delays, please cooperate"

Does anyone know what this means?

I guess, we will have both sides of the divider ferrying bi directional traffic? :Frustrati

Prasad

Yes after months of road widening ( by felling many many trees :Frustrati ) , they tared the extended parts of the road and made it 2 way, 2 days back .

Which part of Hosur road is this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by black12rr (Post 1588986)
Yes after months of road widening ( by felling many many trees :Frustrati ) , they tared the extended parts of the road and made it 2 way, 2 days back .

Yeah, that work has been going on for a while. The trees were quiet beautiful in that stretch, some of them being many decades old and huge.

It is made two way so that from Forum, one can come directly to the elevated expressway to E-City without going through St-John's road/Madivala market. The +ve is the St Johns road,Madivala market will be decongested a lot.

Nainar

Quote:

Originally Posted by muralisk (Post 1588992)
Which part of Hosur road is this?

This road is from Madivala market to E-city(in bangalore)

For those who want to know how this road looked before :( , very sad to cut those trees . I took these photos on that morning when I saw the trees being cut . :Frustrati .Morons dont know that this is a temporary solution ,what will they do when the vehicles increase again in few years ?

Oh Ok. I get it now. I guess this was much needed stretch and was long pending. Ideally, this should have taken up at the same time when they had extended the Hosur road from Madivala to Hosur. So, now we don't have to live with market mess.

This should have been done long back with so much space available to widen the road on Hosur road side from St. Johns till the Madivala Police station( Though still there might be some pblm of width near those two temples)and in a way would ease traffic towards koramangala and sarjapur to an extent.

One of the reason why it might have been done is to be prepared when the much awaited Elevated Road gets inaugurated.

Not sure how the traffic will be then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by muralisk (Post 1589026)
Oh Ok. I get it now. I guess this was much needed stretch and was long pending. Ideally, this should have taken up at the same time when they had extended the Hosur road from Madivala to Hosur. So, now we don't have to live with market mess.

Would rather have made that small sacrifice if we could have saved the trees.

Thanks
Prasad

I remember the road with all its glory when the trees where there. I really did not understand the need to cut the tree and to widen the road. The road was wide enough; even with a divider the roads will allow two way traffic each side, heck we have even smaller roads in main areas!!!

Sign! What to say! The place now has a totally "naked" look!

I really wonder if the people responsible for the city are really in love and appreciation of the place and the beauty it has / had! They go about doing things which are certainly irreversible and will definitely be counter-productive in the long run.

Sorry for the rant! Had to take it out. Been something that I wanted to say for some time now.

I had to pick up someone from Madiwala in the morning, and was surprised when i saw the road was now two-way. Since it was early morning, i wasnt sure about the load on the road, and its ability to handle it. As it is, with the buses stopping to pick up and leave passengers here, the road gets narrowed - now they have made it two way, and narrower.

I too mourn the trees which were chopped along this road.. some of them were really huge and gave the place a distinctive look. Looks like that's history now.

This two way saves some time and distance while going to Silkboard Jn.
This also affected long distance private buses a lot at Madiwala as the cops were not allowing them to stop for long.

First the boulevard on MG Road disappears and now the trees on Hosur Road,wonder whatever happened to all that brouhaha of "translocation" of trees.I guess its time people stopped referring to Blore as the garden city.

Hosur is due for an airport project. A multi Crore project work in due for approval from our Tamil Nadu Government .This would make HOSUR the next place to land for people commuting to Electronic City .

Information from Highways Assistant Engineer Senthil Hosur.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolclouds (Post 1589112)
This two way saves some time and distance while going to Silkboard Jn. This also affected long distance private buses a lot at Madiwala as the cops were not allowing them to stop for long.

This two way is "supposed" to save some time. But I see that now they have introduced more intersections and with more unorderly traffic, longer delays. The private buses used to stop/park in two lanes during peak hours, now they'll take up a few more lanes.

It had the only greenery on this side of madivala, with a small garden type area which I've seen someone maintain. *Sigh* When everyone was bickering about trees being cut in cubbon for metro, they were silently chopping down a lot more trees in Hosur road, especially between Adugodi and the baldwin School. I'm not against development, but hopefully they'll plant some good large canopy trees along the stretch once the expansion is done.