Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2017, 09:07   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore - Hubli - Bagalkot : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
2. Hubli > Nargund > Badami
Nargund is the standard route as per what I remember. No idea about the road condition as of today. It used to be very nice as per what I read a couple of years back (This was the old NH218 I think)
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 13:35   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nargund is the standard route as per what I remember. No idea about the road condition as of today. It used to be very nice as per what I read a couple of years back (This was the old NH218 I think)
Thanks Amp. Got feedback that both roads are good and I can drive on either. Will update after the trip.
Old 17th February 2017, 14:10   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Anyone who has recently driven Hubli > Bagalkote? Driving to Badami tomorrow and taking Hubli route. Google mata showing multiple routes
1. Hubli > Gadag > Rona > Badami
I have taken the one via Gadag-Ron (aka Rona) when I did the Badami last year and the roads were indeed good, nothing to complain about.

We opted for his route mainly because we had a relative in Gadag who we met on the way for few minutes and proceeded ahead.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd November 2017 at 09:42.
Old 23rd February 2017, 12:53   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Hubli - Bagalkot : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nargund is the standard route as per what I remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I have taken the one via Gadag-Rona when I did the Badami last year and the roads were indeed good
Did Hubli - Nargund - Badami and the road till and after Nargund is fine but the last 22kms after the turn off from Kulgeri is in a sad state. The road is being converted to a 4L and it took me 40 odd minutes to cover 22Kms.

Badami - Rona - Gadag - did not drive all the way down to Rona as I took NH367 via Jalihal - Sudi - Yelburga - Gadag and overall road condition was good to very good and I could easily maintain 70-80 kmph but need to watch out for unmarked speedbrakers in villages and in some cases near primary health care centers, schools etc.

Hence if you are headed to Badami from Hubli, I would suggest Gadag - Rona instead of Nargund.
procrj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 18:05   #20
BHPian

Planning to drive to Mumbai with a stop in Hubli overnight.

Any recommendations, on where to stay overnight? Also, how much time will it take from Electronic City on a Friday evening, departing at 4 PM?
Old 20th November 2017, 07:25   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Planning to drive to Mumbai with a stop in Hubli overnight.

Any recommendations, on where to stay overnight? Also, how much time will it take from Electronic City on a Friday evening, departing at 4 PM?
Where is starting point? I assume its Bangalore as you say Electronic City. We have a very-very active Bangalore-Bombay/Pune thread. All your questions will be (already) answered in there.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...eries-145.html (Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks