Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2009, 02:04   #1
BANNED

Delhi to Kathmandu....by road

Folks,

Been planning a trip from Delhi to Kathmandu.....by road. Though I've done this trip years ago (with my dad in the 90's) it used to be via Gorakhpur(India), Soluoni border (Nepal), as well a different route, from Tanakpur, Banbasa(Uttarakhand). Since it's been a looong time I've travelled this circuit, If any fellow BHPian has treaded this path in recent times, would appreciate if I could have the latest news about the road conditions, etc as of today with their inputs/experiences on the journey(people, political conditions), weather, hotels/pit stops, etc.

Plan is to travel in the coming week in our Indigo, wud appreciate valuable tips from fellow BHPians......

Cheers !!!
Old 21st November 2009, 08:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Check out the following blog which I found someone had driven by bike from Delhi.

delhi to nepal on two wheels
Old 21st November 2009, 09:01   #3
BHPian

Hi ridinthru',

This would be a great trip, man. It means crossing the mighty Himalaya, right? Or if not that even then a lot of traveling would be right in the lap of the Himalaya Parvat. I'll call that a trip of a lifetime. Fantastic thought and I'm sure you will do well

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks