Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 11:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The Rajagurunagar-Wada-Bhimashankar route shows in maps from several years ago, although this road was not operational till recently!!!!

How many kms from Rajagurunagar?
Rajgurunagar-wada-bhimashankar is operational since last one year.

Last year, during month of shravan, govt made manchar-bhimashankar and bhimashankar-rajgurunagar road as one way temporarily for that occasion.

Rajgurunagar-manchar-bhimashankar= 77 km

Rajgurunagar-wada-bhimashankar= 56 km.

There is no much info available for wada route.

As earlier posted, the wada route is more scenic, the Mandoshi waterfall is famous.

I will check the status at Rajgurunagar and then decide about that route.
Old 26th July 2010, 12:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a great deal, Ashish, very useful info. Look forward to your trip details.
Old 27th July 2010, 11:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Today's newspaper posted the picture of waterfall along Manchar-bhimashankar road.

Looking forward to visit Bhimashankar on 5th aug.
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

^^ how was the trip? Pics and the travelouge please?
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:58   #20
MX6
Senior - BHPian

He didn't go on 5th aug. He went and had shivamrut in mahaby instead. Not sure whether he went to Bhimashankar after that.
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
^^ how was the trip? Pics and the travelouge please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
He didn't go on 5th aug. He went and had shivamrut in mahaby instead. Not sure whether he went to Bhimashankar after that.
Haha,
jaana tha japan, pahoch gaya honolulu.

It was last min decision to divert toward mahaby.

I was in driver's seat in my alto and three other cars were following me upto yerwada chowk from choki dhaani.
The cars were from other districts of maharashtra and they were not familiar with pune road.
At yerwada, car behind me turned toward camp and continued straight to wanwadi and other two followed same.
It was too late to turn back to right path toward bhimashankar and ultimately headed toward mahaby.

It was family drive and no sprite and shivamrut etc consumed.
Btw, as earlier mentioned, i am not follower of any drinks,
its ok when i have to give company to friends like MX6.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 23rd August 2010 at 12:29.
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:44   #22
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Lo. Chor ulta kotwal ko pakad raha hai.
I'm yet to release remaining photos of your mega-meet dear Rajababu.
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:35   #23
BHPian

I guess it will be too much crowded by devotees at Bhimashankar on account of Shravan month.

I remember a couple of myears back in this month, some of my friends went there & ended up standing in the que for ~3 hours in rain / wind / cold ! And due to fog they were not able to see how long that line was !
Old 4th June 2011, 10:32   #24
BHPian

Re: Pune-Bimashankar Route - What is the latest road condition

Guys,
Need help on this. I need to take my in laws tomorrow.
Planning to leave by 2.00pm.
Is it possible to return back in the night?
Has anyone done this stretch recently.

Heard there is a ghat section in between. Is it true?
Must see india site shows the distance as 103 kms via Wadi.
Pls advice/ suggest on the road conditions and route along with Food availability way back.
Thanks in advance.
Old 5th April 2012, 14:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune-Bimashankar Route - What is the latest road condition

Any latest update on the route? Has anyone done Pune-Bhimashankar recently? I was planning to head there this sunday.
Old 13th July 2012, 14:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune - Bhimashankar : Route Queries

^Same question here. I am leaving tomorrow morning.
Please let me know the road conditions.
Is the Wada route OK? Or should I go with the longer (and also more congested route) via Manchar?
Old 16th July 2012, 10:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Update from my side.
We visited Bhimashankar on Saturday.
While going we wanted to explore the Wada route.
While starting the journey, Sygic maps picked up that route automatically. So we followed the route, and checked with locals at several points after Rajgurunagar (Khed).
The most important point is that the route as shown by Sygic is wrong after a certain point. The reason is that beyond one village, we are supposed to take a right (and there is a board indicating the same), but we instead followed Sygic directions and took left (which took us to the village Bhorgiri). The road after that was very good for a few KM's. And then after a point the road simply vanished and a trail started and in no time we were off-roading in mud/ gravel and steep inclines. We checked with a couple of villagers minding their cattle and they said that this road/ trail is incomplete and there is some river ahead after which there is no road. We still attempted to go ahead for a few more inclines, but in the end the risk of vehicle damage in this lonely jungle was too much.
So finally we took a U turn and came down the hill and took another route after a few KM of back tracking.

In return journey we came via Manchar route.

Overall, it was a nice adventure for us (though we lost time in the process - as a result the queue for darshan was very long and we took 2 hours to get darshan).

This was my second off-roading experience with Cedia, and must say, that the engine power really comes in handy during these steep inclines.

Overall route summary:
The route via Wada is almost deserted - there is no traffic. The road conditions are decent (don't expect butter smooth roads like Highways). The route has lot of twists and bends and you literally feel that you are going through small roads of a hill station.

On the other hand route via Manchar involves more KM in distance, more KM of national highway and more traffic to deal with.

But do not follow the Sygic route beyond Bhorgiri and ask the locals for directions, unless you have true 4x4 off-roader and are in for an adventure trail in the jungle with no one in sight. Also if it has rained in this section of the jungle, then it is best to take the Manchar route.

Last edited by S_U_N : 16th July 2012 at 11:01.
S_U_N is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 17:47   #28
BHPian

I have traveled recently on route 2 upto Sahyadri school / Naval Veeraytan junction, i.e. approx 30 kms from Rajgurunagar. Till that point the road conditions are very good. Not much traffic once you leave Rajgurunagar. I am told road ahead is also in good condition uoto Wada. I have also seen number of MUVs like Sumos, Innovas, etc. full of pilgrims using this route.
Old 6th September 2012, 20:06   #29
BHPian

Hi Guys. Planning to go for a bike ride to Bhimashankar and surrounding areas. Any update on the Wada route? Anybody been there recently? Our priorities are Less traffic, scenic route and good twisty roads to drive on. And are there any other places of interest around? We are not necessarily going for the Mandir, so deviation is okay.

Thank you guys!
Old 10th September 2012, 09:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

Went to Bhimashankar last weekend via the Manchar route. Avoided the other route deliberately as I didnt want to take any chances with my family on board.

The scenary and views along the route was good, but the roads itself are in bad condition. It rattled every joint of the car and our bones. To top it, they collect toll for the road leading upto Bhimashankar too!

Overall, the experience was not that good with the route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks