Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 09:04   #1
BANNED

Going to Goa for a week, suggestions please!

Hi Friends,
At last after a long wait the time has come for me to visit Goa. We are 4 guys from Office going on this trip and we booked the rooms and train tickets 4 months in advance! We are going through the Konkan rail, which itself is a pleasure ride. We have booked one weeks stay starting from Dec 13th in Angelina resorts which is close to Baga/Calangute beach.

Apart from booking we haven't made any other plans. So we have one whole week in Goa and the idea is to just laze and enjoy the Goan atmosphere and beach parties.
We are thinking of hiring bikes during this time. I have gone through one travelog here on Goa but since we are there for a week I want to request suggestions from you guys on what not to miss hopefully without too much traveling. And of course I have the usual list of beaches but any less known good spots are welcome too.

And what do we do during the day? I want to do some photography too if possible. And lastly any not to miss Veg options for food, please let me know as I am the veggie in the group.
Old 26th November 2009, 09:49   #2
BANNED

Trin, Trin....Trin, Trin
Old 26th November 2009, 09:54   #3
BHPian

Well since you mentioned beach parties, you should definitely check out curly's along anjuna beach. Was there last year around this time, and in-spite of the terror attacks there was an unbelievable crowd gathering there.
Old 26th November 2009, 14:38   #4
BHPian

I know this may sound crazy, but do not sleep late in the mornings. December mornings on the beach are lovely, the air is cool, beach is deserted, and there's nothing like a 6 am walk and then a coffee while the light comes up around you. Since you will probably be partying and sleeping late, catch up on your sleep with an afternoon siesta from 2 to 4, when there's nothing going on either.

If you take a bike, never ride under the influence of even one glass. Accidents are common on the coastal belt. Have a great time.
Old 26th November 2009, 14:48   #5
BANNED

How much would renting a bike cost me per day? Also need pointers some nice locations to visit during the day tome for photography?
Old 26th November 2009, 14:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

it depends on who and where you are renting bike from but the normal rate is around 250-300 for bikes(geared) and 200 for scooters.

rev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks