Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2009, 20:27   #1
BHPian

Agra Jaipur route questions

Folks

I'll be making a Lucknow - Agra - Jaipur - Delhi - Lucknow in few days with my family. Last time I went Jaipur about 3 years back the 4 laning work was in progress. My queries:

1. Is Agra Jaipur fully 4 laned now ? Esp Agra to Bharatpur stretch.
2. I'm planning a stopover point along this route. Any suggestions on good place to have a quick 30 mins refresh break.
3. How long would it normally take from Agra to Jaipur. The Agra - Lucknow I have routinely done in about 4 - 4.5 hrs while doing Lucknow - Delhi trips.

Thanks

Last edited by entropy : 13th December 2009 at 20:28.
Old 14th December 2009, 11:45   #2
BHPian

Hi entropy,

Agra - Jaipur is now excellent 4lane highway. We did this stretch till Udaipur, Mount Abu just last month. After leaving Agra city, you'll have to be on old 2 lane road towards Kiraoli, Medhawar villages for few kms. We were very apprehensive while on this road and were wondering how come people told it has widened now, But, just about this time, before Fatehpur Sikri, we were surprised to meet a GQ quality 4 lane highway (NH 11) all the way till Jaipur!

Once you cross the Agra city mess, you'll breeze thru to Jaipur in 3.5 - 4 hrs. including a 15 mints break.

If you want to stop for a refreshment break, plz wait till you meet that 4 lane NH 11 after Agra city. There are several good looking midway type restaurants all along. Though we didn't actually check any, but they appear nice.

happy driving!
Old 8th September 2012, 13:10   #3
BHPian

Re: Agra Jaipur route questions

When I drive from Lucknow to Jaipur, via Kanpur - Agra, can I bypass Agra city now, and enter the NH 11 straightaway?

I am planning to do this route sometime in October.

In Kanpur, I know I have no choice, but to traverse from Ganga bridge to Rama Devi before getting on to the flyover! I hope I get the flyover at Rama Devi junction itself, in order to move towards Agra.

Vipin.
Old 8th September 2012, 13:47   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
When I drive from Lucknow to Jaipur, via Kanpur - Agra, can I bypass Agra city now, and enter the NH 11 straightaway?

I am planning to do this route sometime in October.

In Kanpur, I know I have no choice, but to traverse from Ganga bridge to Rama Devi before getting on to the flyover! I hope I get the flyover at Rama Devi junction itself, in order to move towards Agra.

Vipin.
I think even at Agra there is no choice. You arrive at Rambagh/Waterworks and drive on NH2 till Bhagwan theater. Dont goto the flyover, take left towards Raja Mandi side.
After crossing the flyover at Hari Parwath/Rajamandi you would be on the Agra-Jaipur to Bharatpur.

Route link

You can also come via St Johns. But dont know about traffic in there.

The other option is to come via Agra fort which I think is quite traffic prone.
(Not that route via Bhagwan theater is any less!) But I think water works to Bhagwan theater can still be managed.
Old 9th September 2012, 13:29   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think even at Agra there is no choice. You arrive at Rambagh/Waterworks and drive on NH2 till Bhagwan theater. Dont goto the flyover, take left towards Raja Mandi side.
After crossing the flyover at Hari Parwath/Rajamandi you would be on the Agra-Jaipur to Bharatpur.

The other option is to come via Agra fort which I think is quite traffic prone.
(Not that route via Bhagwan theater is any less!) But I think water works to Bhagwan theater can still be managed.
Thanks. Is the diversion from NH2 to Jaipur indicated well on the highway signboards, at Rambagh, etc? And is that Agra traffic is as lethal as Varanasi's? I hope not!

Vipin.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 9th September 2012 at 13:30.
Old 9th September 2012, 13:51   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar

Thanks. Is the diversion from NH2 to Jaipur indicated well on the highway signboards, at Rambagh, etc? And is that Agra traffic is as lethal as Varanasi's? I hope not!

Vipin.
I don't think it's mentioned. Ask any one for bhagwan theatre. That's a very well known landmark. You need to get out of NH2 at that point.
Old 25th September 2012, 13:04   #7
BHPian

Alternatively, how viable is this proposition? I continue on NH 2 in Agra beyond Transport colony, Bajrang Nagar area and Akbar Tomb diversion and then take take the four-lane (as seen in google map) left turn to connect to Bichipur Railway station and then proceed to NH 11 in order to join the Agra Jaipur highway.

Does it mean a hassle-free drive, with comparatively less traffic?

And then how do I enter Jaipur, I mean, Central Jaipur or Bani Park?

Vipin.
Old 25th September 2012, 13:23   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Alternatively, how viable is this proposition? I continue on NH 2 in Agra beyond Transport colony, Bajrang Nagar area and Akbar Tomb diversion and then take take the four-lane (as seen in google map) left turn to connect to Bichipur Railway station and then proceed to NH 11 in order to join the Agra Jaipur highway.

Does it mean a hassle-free drive, with comparatively less traffic?

And then how do I enter Jaipur, I mean, Central Jaipur or Bani Park?

Vipin.
I think crossing Agra via NH2 itself is a big hassle. Check with regulars who travel to Kanpur and beyond.

It would be easier to get out of NH2 and latch on to the road through the city. There is mostly heavy truck traffic on the NH2 within Agra.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 13:38   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think crossing Agra via NH2 itself is a big hassle. Check with regulars who travel to Kanpur and beyond.
I thought of crossing Agra around 1 pm. Yea, there is a driver in apartment who drives to Jaipur from Lucknow occasionally.

Vipin.
Old 10th September 2023, 19:21   #10
BHPian

How is the road from Agra to Jaipur now? How long does it take to cover the distance? Planning to go from Agra to Jaipur, is there any transportation options or good cabs which are recommended for one way from Agra to Jaipur?
sanchari is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks