Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 11:47   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 13
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Chennai bangalore Route Confusion

Hey travel Guru's,

I plan to drive to Marthahalli in Blore from chennai, well the thought looked simple and driveable, however i stumbled up on the real sppedbreaker (may be the first one) I have done chennai - bangalore (jainagar) on my pulsar, however this time since i was going to outer b'lore i thought i will look up for other routes on gmaps.

There started the real problems, i found a route diverting at Ranipet-katpadi-gudiyatham-venkatagirikotai-bengarpet-malur-hitefirld, marthahalli. This route is a relatively smaller route by distance, i.e if i take this route i can reach marthahalli in 312 kms aprx, while it will take me 350 kms aprx if i take the Hosur-athibelle-sarjapur-gunjur-varthur route.

As i will leaving from chennai in the morning (say i intent to start by 5 AM, it will obvisouly reslut in me starting at 6 I wish) so, all that i want to know from the guru's is has anyone taken the bengarpet route? if yes, how is the road in that route, gmap says its more of State highways, If the road is not that great i would not mind the extra 40 odd kilometer i will have to take for my second choice route.

I plan to go on this trip may be by next week, so all help on this confusion will be great, and who ever has taken that route, any help with respect to any sight seeing places on the routes will be an added advantage (Am in no urgency to reach blore by any stipulated time, am on leisure of time)

Mods: I did search for any related threads, could not find any which solved my confusion, hence am posting new, if u think there are any related threads, kindly inform me and move this post in to that thread
Gypsyman is offline  
Old 17th December 2009, 12:00   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,677
Thanked: 1,841 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsyman View Post
Hey travel Guru's,

I plan to drive to Marthahalli in Blore from chennai, well the thought looked simple and driveable, however i stumbled up on the real sppedbreaker (may be the first one) I have done chennai - bangalore (jainagar) on my pulsar, however this time since i was going to outer b'lore i thought i will look up for other routes on gmaps.

There started the real problems, i found a route diverting at Ranipet-katpadi-gudiyatham-venkatagirikotai-bengarpet-malur-hitefirld, marthahalli. This route is a relatively smaller route by distance, i.e if i take this route i can reach marthahalli in 312 kms aprx, while it will take me 350 kms aprx if i take the Hosur-athibelle-sarjapur-gunjur-varthur route.

As i will leaving from chennai in the morning (say i intent to start by 5 AM, it will obvisouly reslut in me starting at 6 I wish) so, all that i want to know from the guru's is has anyone taken the bengarpet route? if yes, how is the road in that route, gmap says its more of State highways, If the road is not that great i would not mind the extra 40 odd kilometer i will have to take for my second choice route.

I plan to go on this trip may be by next week, so all help on this confusion will be great, and who ever has taken that route, any help with respect to any sight seeing places on the routes will be an added advantage (Am in no urgency to reach blore by any stipulated time, am on leisure of time)

Mods: I did search for any related threads, could not find any which solved my confusion, hence am posting new, if u think there are any related threads, kindly inform me and move this post in to that thread
My take would be to take the route all along NH4 via Perumbudur-Chittoor-Kolar-Hosakote-KR Puram-Take the outerring road-Marthahalli.
ranjitp1 is offline  
Old 17th December 2009, 14:09   #3
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,741
Thanked: 7,113 Times
Default

I would not advise this Kolar approach route especially for a bike journey - the roads are being done and there are more dangers with traffic and uneven surfaces and so on than on the normal Hosur approach.

I would certainly suggest the normal Hosur approach till you reach the SILK BOARD Flyover - here you can simply go under the Flyover and turn Right onto the Outer Ring Road and follow the road signs till you land up at Marathahalli - From this Silk Board Flyover Marathahalli is only about 15 Km away.

The Hosur Route being far better, what you will save on is TIME and Peace of Mind - weighing these in the balance against extra distance, my take is that even if you do 35 more kilometres it doesnt really matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
My take would be to take the route all along NH4 via Perumbudur-Chittoor-Kolar-Hosakote-KR Puram-Take the outerring road-Marthahalli.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 17th December 2009 at 14:10.
shankar.balan is offline  
Old 17th December 2009, 14:48   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 510 Times
Default

Kolar Route would be risky for Bike Journey as Road widening work is in progress. Take the Krishnagiri - Hosur route via the golden quadrilateral
pramodpk is offline  
Old 18th December 2009, 00:55   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
navan49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 999
Thanked: 72 Times
Default

Hi Shankar Balan,

Good suggestion I appreciate that. Rather than saving the fuel of 35 or 50kms and risking the life, one can drive faster and save time as well as one can reach the destination safely in the Golden Road.
navan49 is offline  
Old 18th December 2009, 22:13   #6
BHPian
 
trtraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore \ Singara Chennai
Posts: 246
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi Shankar Balan,

Good suggestion I appreciate that. Rather than saving the fuel of 35 or 50kms and risking the life, one can drive faster and save time as well as one can reach the destination safely in the Golden Road.
Very Well said Navan. I travel with my 14 months old kid. I prefer this four lane as it is much much safer than the chitoor one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Kolar Route would be risky for Bike Journey as Road widening work is in progress. Take the Krishnagiri - Hosur route via the golden quadrilateral
I strongly agree with Pramod. you find lot of brilliant stupids comes and appears suddenly in front of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsyman View Post
Hey travel Guru's,

I plan to drive to Marthahalli in Blore from chennai, well the thought looked simple and driveable, however i stumbled up on the real sppedbreaker (may be the first one) I have done chennai - bangalore (jainagar) on my pulsar, however this time since i was going to outer b'lore i thought i will look up for other routes on gmaps.

There started the real problems, i found a route diverting at Ranipet-katpadi-gudiyatham-venkatagirikotai-bengarpet-malur-hitefirld, marthahalli. This route is a relatively smaller route by distance, i.e if i take this route i can reach marthahalli in 312 kms aprx, while it will take me 350 kms aprx if i take the Hosur-athibelle-sarjapur-gunjur-varthur route.

As i will leaving from chennai in the morning (say i intent to start by 5 AM, it will obvisouly reslut in me starting at 6 I wish) so, all that i want to know from the guru's is has anyone taken the bengarpet route? if yes, how is the road in that route, gmap says its more of State highways, If the road is not that great i would not mind the extra 40 odd kilometer i will have to take for my second choice route.

I plan to go on this trip may be by next week, so all help on this confusion will be great, and who ever has taken that route, any help with respect to any sight seeing places on the routes will be an added advantage (Am in no urgency to reach blore by any stipulated time, am on leisure of time)

Mods: I did search for any related threads, could not find any which solved my confusion, hence am posting new, if u think there are any related threads, kindly inform me and move this post in to that thread
I drive atleast twice a month from bangalore to chennai.. I start somewhere very near to marathahalli (in fact Near ITPL).

I drove through the chitoor route which you mentioned above thrice. I had a extended driving of 7 hours (normal hosur side 5 hours + lot of deviations 2 hours)

Now I travel in this route

ITPL -- Varthur -- Sarjapur (actual village) -- take right turn in Rountana -- Attibele -- Hosur -- Krishnagiri -- Ambur -- Vellore -- Chennai

I prefer to drive in the above route as it saves lot of time, Ofcourse it should save fuel also (which we waste in applying so many brakes in deviation)
trtraj is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks