Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:16   #1
BHPian

Current Road Condition from Villupuram to Salem Via Attur - Help needed

I will be travelling to Coimbatore tomorrow and the route i have chosen is:

Chennai - Villupuram- Ulundurpet-Attur-Salem - Coimbatore

I would like to know the present road conditions between Villupuram and Salem. Is the stretch between Athur - Salem in drivable condition now. I'll be driving in my new M800 (scared of potholes in this stretch).

Can somebody help me on the present road conditions on this stretch or should i take the GQ till Krishnagiri and reach Salem. I have done so many trips on this GQ and well aware of the road condition.

Old 23rd December 2009, 11:58   #2
BHPian

Ssengo,

It is always better to take the GQ till Krishnagiri and reach Salem. Not sure whether the road construction is over in the Vilupuram - Salem stretch.
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:15   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
Ssengo,

It is always better to take the GQ till Krishnagiri and reach Salem. Not sure whether the road construction is over in the Vilupuram - Salem stretch.
Thanks Venki for your quick response. I also feel it's better to take GQ than to take risk in this stretch not knowing about the road condition and get stranded on the way.
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

I traveled a month back from Salem Via Athur Ulundurpet. Not as good as GQ but it is o.k. You have to take diversion every now and then. The time consumed was about Hours 6 to 7 hours. I started at 4Pm and reached around 10 or 10.30Pm.
Old 28th December 2009, 09:24   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
I traveled a month back from Salem Via Athur Ulundurpet. Not as good as GQ but it is o.k. You have to take diversion every now and then. The time consumed was about Hours 6 to 7 hours. I started at 4Pm and reached around 10 or 10.30Pm.
Thanks Navan, I took GQ to reach Salem in about 5.5 hours with ease and proceeded to coimbatore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks