Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 20:17   #1

Accommodation at Raigad fort

Hi,
I am planning to drive to Raigad fort next month with my wife and 6 year old daughter and would like to stay overnight there. Is it recommended to stay at MTDC hilltop? What about accommodation provided by Raigad Ropeway (www.raigadropeway.com).
Thanks[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
Old 29th December 2009, 21:50   #2
BHPian

Mtdc

there is no doubt that you should stay at MTDC. excellent accomodation, good food and absolutely fantastic location. Worth every penny!!!
Old 29th December 2009, 22:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

I stayed at raigad mtdc for one night. It is very dangerous place to stay. That villas are old and lack maintainance. In my cottage, i found poisonous snake. Caretaker said that it is common to find snakes in room and around. Please do not stay at raigad mtdc. There is no need to stay at raigad fort. If you still want to stay at fort then stay at rope way guest house.
Old 30th December 2009, 19:06   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
I stayed at raigad mtdc for one night. It is very dangerous place to stay. That villas are old and lack maintainance. In my cottage, i found poisonous snake. Caretaker said that it is common to find snakes in room and around. Please do not stay at raigad mtdc. There is no need to stay at raigad fort. If you still want to stay at fort then stay at rope way guest house.
Thanks for the information. Is ropeway guest house is at hilltop?
Old 30th December 2009, 22:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Rope way guest house is at base and hill top also. At hill top, i think there are two/three cottages and restaurant at rope way complex.
Old 31st December 2009, 12:50   #6
BHPian

We have a consolidated thread 4 accommodation and stay. Please refer to this section.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ion-rates.html

Mods please can you merge this thread.
Old 31st December 2009, 22:35   #7
BHPian

Rope way guest house on the Riagad is very primitive. However, if you stay on the fort - the advantage is the long queues for the rope way can be avoided altogether. I have once visited fort once - went up in the evening, stayed overnight and returned by lunch time. Also, the fort visit can also be completed in morning.
Old 1st January 2010, 19:23   #8

Thanks a lot everyone. I will share my experience once I complete my trip.
Old 24th December 2011, 09:08   #9
BHPian

Re: Accommodation at Raigad fort

Around Raigad, the best would be to stay at Hotel Kuber Palace. Nice rooms and good people. Food is ok. Good parking space.
Old 20th March 2012, 14:54   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Around Raigad, the best would be to stay at Hotel Kuber Palace. Nice rooms and good people. Food is ok. Good parking space.
I was going thru the various posts on Raigad and happened to come across your post. I am planning a trip to Goa this summer and would like to visit Raigad fort enroute. Hotel Kuber is what i too had in mind for an overnight stay. Couple of queries -
1) how much driving time does it take to reach Raigad fort base from Kuber Palace?
2) approx how much time do you think will be reasonably required to tour the fort (i know the fort is very big but still....)? I understand the ropeway starts from 8.00 am. Can I target to come back to the base by 10 am?

Regards
Sandy
Old 29th March 2012, 18:21   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
I was going thru the various posts on Raigad and happened to come across your post. I am planning a trip to Goa this summer and would like to visit Raigad fort enroute. Hotel Kuber is what i too had in mind for an overnight stay. Couple of queries -
1) how much driving time does it take to reach Raigad fort base from Kuber Palace?
2) approx how much time do you think will be reasonably required to tour the fort (i know the fort is very big but still....)? I understand the ropeway starts from 8.00 am. Can I target to come back to the base by 10 am?

Regards
Sandy
Sorry for the late reply.

The distance from Hotel Kuber to Raigad is approx. 30kms took about 40-50 minutes by Motorbike.

I havent been to the fort as it was an unplanned detour for us and were at the base in late eve.

Dont plan in summers... Post rains would be best of all times as in monsoon the ropeway would be closed.
Old 30th March 2012, 10:03   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Sorry for the late reply.

The distance from Hotel Kuber to Raigad is approx. 30kms took about 40-50 minutes by Motorbike.

I havent been to the fort as it was an unplanned detour for us and were at the base in late eve.

Dont plan in summers... Post rains would be best of all times as in monsoon the ropeway would be closed.
Thanks for the information. I agree that summers are not the best times to visit these places but then that is the only time i can plan this trip right now given work and other issues.

There is a likely change in the plans. I might spend a day in Mumbai and then start early morning from Mumbai for Goa. I do not wish to miss the Raigad fort enroute (my son is a great fan of the Maratha king thanks to the serial on Color chanel ). But was just wondering if I can reach Goa by around 6.00 pm if I start from Raigad say by around 10.30 am?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks