Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Must see places in Kerala !!!!! and where to stay ?

Welcome to the new thread.

Please share your travel and stay experiences here.

Also please update with the route map and the current road condition. If possible please provide the web site address or teh phone number so that the others can use it.

Check out the link WELCOME TO WALLEY VIEW AVENUE :::::::::WAYANAD HOMESTAY ::::::: , that would be help full for the people who plan to visit Wayanad.

Actually , that is an appartment kinda place , but the location is awsome.

Just imagine you sitting with a camp fire in front of a large water fall , that will come true if you visit here.

The rates are cheaper too , you will also get home cooked food for very cheaper rate there.

The best part which I noticed is , we can take our vehicle to the hill top.

Only 4 rooms are availiable there , so the good part is that a small crowd of 4 families can take the entire thing and make our own world.

There are many small and very economical places in Kerala like the one I have mentioned.

Please share your information here.

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd January 2010 at 09:49. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Can any one from trivandrm help me in finding a budget hotel in Trivandrum that can accommodate 45 people. It's the whole family trip time , it will be on 1 st and 2 nd of the next month. We have plans to visit kovalam, kanyakumari , ponmudi . But the bus driver says that going ponmudi is impossible with a big bus, is that correct ? Can some one from Trivandrum add up some places over here which is good enough for a family picnic. Please help!
Old 17th September 2010, 11:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

@Foby include Veli village & Shangumugham to spend a good evening.
Old 17th September 2010, 12:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Foby include Veli village & Shangumugham to spend a good evening.
Oh great , thank you for the suggestion, will be including it for sure, btw I know the shankumukam beach , but the veil village is that close by?
Old 17th September 2010, 12:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Oh great , thank you for the suggestion, will be including it for sure, btw I know the shankumukam beach , but the veil village is that close by?
Veli is after Shangumukam I guess; I'm not too sure, its about 5-7 Kms. Since I visited it about 3-4 years ago, I'm unable to recall. Let me ask my Wifey this evening & try updating here.
Old 17th September 2010, 12:48   #6
BHPian

If you are coming from the city, first is shankumukam and then Veli. But its better to go to veli first spend some time there and head to shankumukam in the evening.

You can see a fairly good crowd in the evening during weekend.

If there a kids in the group, veli will be a nice place to spend some time.
Old 17th September 2010, 14:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

veli has been spruced up and it a good place , but beware of the antisocials after sun down.
Old 17th September 2010, 14:36   #8
BHPian

Varkala is the place you should visit. The beach is much more interesting than kovalam. There are many hotels available in varkala. There is also a famouse temple and sivagiri( shree Narayana Samadhi)
Ponmudi Can be defficult by a big bus becouse there are more than 30 hair pin curves to go through.
If you are planning to stay in Trivandrum then Veli and Samghumukham is not far.
Old 17th September 2010, 19:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the support! It's confirmed that we will not be visiting ponmudi only because of the bus issue, so now I have got 2 days 1 will be totally spend up on kanyakumari, rest will be in and around Trivandrum

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks