Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2022, 09:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: A short vacation to mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Hi friends
Am planning to drive down from chennai to mysore with family for a short vacation during independence day weekend..
Please note that the most irritating time on the roads exiting Bangalore will be the Independence Day weekend. Hordes of cars will be on the roads on the 13th itself and entry back to Bangalore on the 15th evening will be a nightmare. Please do consider this in your plan.

If you’re very keen on the safari at Bandipur/Mudumalai, you can stay at the Jungle Lodges resort for a night at Bandipur. You’ll get two safaris that way. Else, I would imagine very long queues for the safari buses at both places.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 07:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
You can consider Sandesh the Prince hotel, near Nazarbad , not a budget hotel but located in the heart of city and near to all major attractions.
I did check this. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Please note that the most irritating time on the roads exiting Bangalore will be the Independence Day weekend. Hordes of cars will be on the roads on the 13th itself and entry back to Bangalore on the 15th evening will be a nightmare. Please do consider this in your plan.
Traffic scares me. For me holiday should be a good peaceful drive, good food and exploring new places. Going by your suggestion seems am planning for a wrong weekend.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th June 2022 at 07:27. Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old 24th June 2022, 11:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

re: Chennai - Mysore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Traffic scares me. For me holiday should be a good peaceful drive, good food and exploring new places. Going by your suggestion seems am planning for a wrong weekend.
Mysore highway will always be crowded on weekend, on 'long' weekends it'll be extra bad.

As a norm I've always taken Belur Cross-Nagamangala-Pandavapura-Srirangapatna-Mysore. This'll avoid most traffic except the last 15 km.

How this does not avoid crowds at destination, crowds enroute Bangalore
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 23:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore-Mysore Expressway status & updates thread

Driving from Mysore to Chennai next week. Is the route via Bangalore still viable and if not, what's the best alternative?
Old 30th August 2022, 09:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore-Mysore Expressway status & updates thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Driving from Mysore to Chennai next week. Is the route via Bangalore still viable and if not, what's the best alternative?
Srirangapatna-Pandavapura-Belur Cross-Nelamangal is not a viable option? This is my preferred route under normal circumstances, not keeping track where the rains are currently.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks