Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2010, 13:07   #1
BHPian

Route to Bharathiar university

I need help from Coimbatoire Bhpians , I have to travel from Bangalore to Coimbatore -Bharathiar university . I need to know the route to reach Bharthiar university when comming from blore especially from L&T bye pass.

I would also like to know about about any good hotels near the univeristy or near by town to the university .

Thanks in Advance
Old 17th January 2010, 13:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

U are coming via Hosur?
Old 17th January 2010, 14:37   #3
BHPian

yes I would be comming via hosur /salem to CBE
Old 17th January 2010, 14:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Its unnecessary to take the L&T bypass then. As you approach CBE from Salem, the roads divide; one the L&T bypass which goes upto the CBE-Palghat highway, and the other which leads to CBE through Hopes,Peelamedu,Lakshmi Mills and so on.

The college is on the foothills of Maruthamalai. You can come into CBE through Hopes and then you can drive to the college from where you would stay.

For stay, what is your budget?

Few good hotels are The Residency, Alankar Grande, CAG Pride, etc. These are the best hotels for stay in CBE.
Old 18th January 2010, 10:55   #5
BHPian

Thanks DRIV3R for the info, My budget would be 1500 to 2000 RS, Could you please suggest some good hotels which is near by to the univeristy .

Appreciate your help and thanks once again .
Old 18th January 2010, 11:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Thanks DRIV3R for the info, My budget would be 1500 to 2000 RS, Could you please suggest some good hotels which is near by to the univeristy .

Appreciate your help and thanks once again .
You are welcome mate!

AFAIK there are not much hotels near bharathiar university. Its better for you to stay somewhere in Gandhipuram as its the central area and you can have access to everything.

Given your budget, the three star hotels i quoted before might not fit the bill. So i suggest you Hotel Ashwini Deluxe which is just near the over-bridge in Gandhipuram. They have two under them, one being the deluxe and the other; an ordinary. I suggest you the deluxe which is just few feet away from the ordinary.
Old 27th January 2010, 00:54   #7

I dont know whether you have already travelled or not. If travelled pls ignore this.
The best route would be ,

Bangalore-Dharmapuri-Thoppur-Mettur-Andhiyur-Gobi-Sathyamangalam-Annur-Coimbatore.

By this route you can well avoid the traffic mess at Salem and Avinashi.
Stay at Gandhipuram. Its the central location and have many lodging facilities. From city, you need to travel another 12 kms. You need to take Maruthumalai route to the university.

Sight seeing tip: Maruthumalai is a beautifull hill area further 2 kms away from Bharathiyar university. There is Murugan Temple on the hill. You can get a view of the near by area from the the Temple. (Similar to Chamundi hill of Mysore)
Old 8th June 2011, 11:40   #8
BHPian

Thanks travelled to the university last year

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks