Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 17:41   #1
BHPian

Travel from Dapoli to Ratnagiri.

Hi folks,
I am going to travel to Konkan and I will be going to Ratnagiri. On the way though I have to make a detour into Dapoli.
Is there a road which takes me from Dapoli to Ratnagiri without coming back on NH-17 ? My map taken from a fellow member's post shows a road from Dapoli to Dabhol after which there is a creek. Then on Guhagar to Jaigadh. Again there is a creek.Is this the correct road ? Any idea on what the condition of this road is ? I heard there is a ferry service to ford one of the creeks ? Any info on that. Please let me know.
Old 9th February 2010, 22:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yes, there is a lovely road from Dapoli to Ratnagiri.

MAHARASHTRA Coast, Nov 2005 - hvkumar | Google Groups
Follow the above log book for details of the route.

The route is as follows:
Dapoli-Dabhol-you have to take a ferry here, frequency once every 30 minutes, daytime, 10 mts ride-Guhaghar-Hedvi-Kajurli (lovely bridge across the river here)-Jakadevi.

At Jakadevi, you join the Nevali (NH17)0Ganapatipule/Jaigarh road. You have the choice of going to Ratnagiri via Nevali & Hathkamba or via Ganapatipule.

Jaigarh is further down the road beyond Chafe, and the road coming from Hedvi curves inland and doe snot cross over near Jaigarh. However, there are ferries from Hedvi to Lavgan and Nandivade, but I could not get reliable info if cars are allowed in the ferry (seemed to me that they were, but frequency was 1-2 times a day only)
Old 10th February 2010, 08:29   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Yes, there is a lovely road from Dapoli to Ratnagiri.

The route is as follows:
Dapoli-Dabhol-you have to take a ferry here, frequency once every 30 minutes, daytime, 10 mts ride-Guhaghar-Hedvi-Kajurli (lovely bridge across the river here)-Jakadevi.

At Jakadevi, you join the Nevali (NH17)0Ganapatipule/Jaigarh road. You have the choice of going to Ratnagiri via Nevali & Hathkamba or via Ganapatipule.

Jaigarh is further down the road beyond Chafe, and the road coming from Hedvi curves inland and doe snot cross over near Jaigarh. However, there are ferries from Hedvi to Lavgan and Nandivade, but I could not get reliable info if cars are allowed in the ferry (seemed to me that they were, but frequency was 1-2 times a day only)
Thank you so much for the info. Any update on the latest condition of the road ?
Old 10th February 2010, 09:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Not been on it recently, but not heard anything adverse about road conditions. Those who have been on some parts of the road report good conditions.
Old 10th February 2010, 12:55   #5
BHPian

The Kajurli/Palghar bridge road from Guhagar down to Nevli is narrow and not in great condition but pretty ok on towards Ganapatipule. The bridge and the scenery are lovely and traffic is sparse. I was on that road about 2 weeks ago.
Old 10th February 2010, 13:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

There is rai-bhatgaon bridge to go from hedvi to ganapatipule.
Old 10th February 2010, 13:28   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
The Kajurli/Palghar bridge road from Guhagar down to Nevli is narrow and not in great condition but pretty ok on towards Ganapatipule. The bridge and the scenery are lovely and traffic is sparse. I was on that road about 2 weeks ago.
Thanks for the headsup. I plan to hit this road on Friday. Since none of my friends had gone this way, I am taking this route. I had heard it is scenic. Hope a travelogue comes out of this
Old 10th February 2010, 13:52   #8
BHPian

Ooops! I meant the Bhatgaon bridge as Ashish said and not Palghar (a typo/brain fade)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks