Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2010, 18:17   #16
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
No vaccinations for india. However, your doctor can put you on a preventive dose of anti-malarials.
Thank you for the information. It is very much appreciated.
Old 12th March 2010, 16:49   #17
CPH
BHPian

My brother phoned me this morning and finally it was agreed that I am coming to Mumbai on the 14th of June and we have to leave on the 18th.

I look forward to get to know the Indian performance tuning scene, the world of acting in India and last but not least many more Indians.

But before I come I will certainly ask many more questions.
Old 12th March 2010, 20:40   #18
Team-BHP Support

Just 4 days !!?

If you're coming all the way you may as well extend your stay a little....

Also you had mentioned something about the monsoon earlier, well, either you'll be here for some of the hottest days of the year - or around the time of the first rains... Depending on when the rain decides to show up this year.

cya
R
Old 12th March 2010, 21:00   #19
BHPian

Keep the first day for the usual sightseeing, trying out food, etc. The 2nd day could be tuning and stuff. On the third day, something like meeting TBHPians and relatives in Mumbai (if any). Are you going to be chauffeured? If no, prepare to bang your head on the steering wheel at every traffic jam. If you need a unique experience, try to travel on the local trains. (I am not responsible for it's after-effects)

Visiting Mumbai-virar-local.jpg

If you can stay in Mumbai for more days, you could go to nearby hillstations like Matheran where you go on the hill station on a vintage train. Street food in Mumbai is very tasty but foreigners may find it spicy and unhygenic. If that's not an issue, try Bhel puri, Pani puri, Batata Wada, Pav Bhaji, Misal Pav and the list goes on and on. Also try out different cuisines daily like Punjabi, Maharashtrian, Konkan, etc. You name the cuisine and Gogi bhai will tell you the best place for it. Try tasting great Kebabs, tandooris, etc. BTW, sorry for my jumbled up post.

Last edited by prateekm : 12th March 2010 at 21:02.
Old 12th March 2010, 21:05   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
My brother phoned me this morning and finally it was agreed that I am coming to Mumbai on the 14th of June and we have to leave on the 18th.

I look forward to get to know the Indian performance tuning scene, the world of acting in India and last but not least many more Indians.

But before I come I will certainly ask many more questions.
I found the below place to be the BEST when i visited Mumbai couple of times.

Oritel Service Apartments
Old 12th March 2010, 22:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I think her husband owns one of the first few E46 M3s in Bombay.
Hey, wasn't that Juhi Chawla
Old 13th March 2010, 15:38   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
You are right !

I can tell the difference between an M3 and a 330i from a mile away but i can't tell the difference between a Kajol and a Juhi Chawla point blank!
Old 13th March 2010, 15:49   #23
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
If you need a unique experience, try to travel on the local trains. (I am not responsible for it's after-effects)

Attachment 305996
What Prateek meant was try travelling by local trains. Don't take his words "Travel ON local trains" like the people in this photo.
Old 13th March 2010, 16:16   #24
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Just 4 days !!?

If you're coming all the way you may as well extend your stay a little....

Also you had mentioned something about the monsoon earlier, well, either you'll be here for some of the hottest days of the year - or around the time of the first rains... Depending on when the rain decides to show up this year.

cya
R
My brother can't stay longer (unfortunately) and I need to go back soon too.

BUT I WILL be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Keep the first day for the usual sightseeing, trying out food, etc. The 2nd day could be tuning and stuff. On the third day, something like meeting TBHPians and relatives in Mumbai (if any). Are you going to be chauffeured? If no, prepare to bang your head on the steering wheel at every traffic jam. If you need a unique experience, try to travel on the local trains. (I am not responsible for it's after-effects)

Attachment 305996

If you can stay in Mumbai for more days, you could go to nearby hillstations like Matheran where you go on the hill station on a vintage train. Street food in Mumbai is very tasty but foreigners may find it spicy and unhygenic. If that's not an issue, try Bhel puri, Pani puri, Batata Wada, Pav Bhaji, Misal Pav and the list goes on and on. Also try out different cuisines daily like Punjabi, Maharashtrian, Konkan, etc. You name the cuisine and Gogi bhai will tell you the best place for it. Try tasting great Kebabs, tandooris, etc. BTW, sorry for my jumbled up post.
I like this. Unfortunately I have no relatives in Mumbai or near.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Is she as nutty as Kajol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
What Prateek meant was try travelling by local trains. Don't take his words "Travel ON local trains" like the people in this photo.
I want to have the same fun as the locals!

And I hate being tourist. I like to blend in (might not be able to emd my horrible accent).

ote from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Dippy : 13th March 2010 at 17:42. Reason: See note in your post
Old 13th March 2010, 16:24   #25
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
I want to have the same fun as the locals!

And I hate being tourist. I like to blend in (might not be able to emd my horrible accent).
Unfortunately it's no fun to go on top or hang outside the trains like in that photo. Every year over 3000 people die in Mumbai alone falling off trains.

You can blend in by getting in to the train in the originating station and getting off at the last one.
Old 13th March 2010, 17:36   #26
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Unfortunately it's no fun to go on top or hang outside the trains like in that photo. Every year over 3000 people die in Mumbai alone falling off trains.

You can blend in by getting in to the train in the originating station and getting off at the last one.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight then.
Old 7th October 2010, 23:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

3 Days in Mumbai - Oct end

Bumping an old thread.

I have been wanting to visit Mumbai since i can remember but never really got the opportunity to do so. Came as close to Pune once but that was the closest I got to it.

This time my wife and I are planning to spend 3 days in Mumbai and enjoy the atmosphere which only it can offer.

I did check a few other threads and there are some good suggestions there on what to see.

1. We really want to see the night life there. What is a good place to stay where we can visit/club hop with minimal travel. We would not have a car and would be taking a cab. Please recommend some good clubs as well.

2. We would also like to visit other places like the beaches/gateway of India, fashion street, places to eat (local and high end both) WHich area would be closer to visit these places?

We could stay 1 night in 1 area and 2 nights in another place so that we can cover more places.

Budget would be approx 3k per night for accomodation.

Please help guys.
Old 8th October 2010, 14:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Would this help. The location is right in the heart of Mumbai. Fits your budget too. I am doubtful of the rates, looks too less for Mumbai stds but you can call them for confirmation. Hope this helps.

Rooms at Residency Fort
Old 8th October 2010, 15:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Would this help. The location is right in the heart of Mumbai. Fits your budget too. I am doubtful of the rates, looks too less for Mumbai stds but you can call them for confirmation. Hope this helps.

Rooms at Residency Fort
Hey Ghodlur, thanks a lot. I checked the reviews and they all seem to recommend this place. Also seems to be walking distance from Marine Drive and Colaba. Will surely check this place out.

Should I spend all the time here or divide my stay between this area and some other area? Dont ask me which other area, i have no clue. Hoping for some pointers.
Old 8th October 2010, 15:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey Ghodlur, thanks a lot. I checked the reviews and they all seem to recommend this place. Also seems to be walking distance from Marine Drive and Colaba. Will surely check this place out.

Should I spend all the time here or divide my stay between this area and some other area? Dont ask me which other area, i have no clue. Hoping for some pointers.
You are welcome.

You will find most of things in that area itself unless you want to go visiting a couple of Bollywood stars then you might have to go to Juhu/Bandra. If you happen to go to Bandra do take some time for Linking Road, Lots of road side stuff, cheap but be sure to bargain hard. Other than that there's a pagoda somewhere in Borivli or kandivli I dont remember. People say its good. Try it if you have time on hand.

One thing for sure do travel in local train during peak time and get a first hand exp of Hot sauna cum massage free of cost.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks