Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 11:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kasauli next weekend - Any Tips / Suggestions ?

Got a nice week's Holiday due to Holi. Just finalised plans for heading to Kasauli next Friday & Saturday - 5th & 6th March.

It's been almost 5 years since I last went to Kasauli. This time we are 3 couples and 2 kids in 2 cars.

Any Ideas / Suggestions / Route Info ?

I know we have to take a road which goes from Chandigarh ( outskirts ) BUT have forgotten so any inputs are welcome.

I am staying at the Hotel Kasauli Regency as Ross Common was full. Kasauli Regency is rated as #1 on tripadvisor.

Of course Murthal Parathas & Haveli in Karnal remains our food stops, any other suggestions ?

Suman , KPZen & Basu - I know you guys visited recently. So let me know of any other spots apart from Monkey Top which we can visit there.

Leaving at 7 on Friday morning with a few halts should get me there by 3 - right ?
Old 26th February 2010, 11:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Suman , KPZen & Basu - I know you guys visited recently. So let me know of any other spots apart from Monkey Top which we can visit there.

Leaving at 7 on Friday morning with a few halts should get me there by 3 - right ?
Varun, we last visited in 2007

Leaving at 7 am from where, Delhi? Your driving time would be about 6-6.5 hours odd, add on your various halts & you'll figure out when you'd get there. We left around 7.45 & were at Ros Common by 2........one short halt at Karnal.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yeah 7 AM from Delhi. Only because exiting Delhi in the morning takes about an hour ( I would start from faridabad )
Old 26th February 2010, 12:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Varun, Haveli is recently opened in Murthal as well. You can give it a try, I just missed it while coming back from shimla day before yesterday only.

Roads are great as usual, nothing to worry just drive-on.

Leaving time should be a bit looked upon, try to leave as early as possible.
Old 26th February 2010, 15:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Got a nice week's Holiday due to Holi. Just finalised plans for heading to Kasauli next Friday & Saturday - 5th & 6th March.

It's been almost 5 years since I last went to Kasauli. This time we are 3 couples and 2 kids in 2 cars.

Any Ideas / Suggestions / Route Info ?

I know we have to take a road which goes from Chandigarh ( outskirts ) BUT have forgotten so any inputs are welcome.

I am staying at the Hotel Kasauli Regency as Ross Common was full. Kasauli Regency is rated as #1 on tripadvisor.

Of course Murthal Parathas & Haveli in Karnal remains our food stops, any other suggestions ?

You will be familiar with the route - Delhi - Panipat (Toll = Rs 20) - Karnal (Toll = Rs 72) - Ambala - Dera Bassi (Toll = Rs 20) - Zirakpur - Panchkula - Kalka - Parwanoo - Kasauli

As you reach Zirakpur (Bristol Resort on left side) on Ambala - Chandigarh highway (NH 22), don't take the flyover as you have to turn RIGHT after the redlight (under the flyover) in zirakpur for Panchkula.

You will have to take left turn for Kasauli after reaching Parwanoo.

Try breakfast at Haveli in Murthal (around 5 kms after crossing Murthal flyover). You can enjoy the cable car ride at Timber Trail in Parwanoo. Try to avoid visitng public places during Holi celebrations.

Happy Journey!
Old 26th February 2010, 15:40   #6
BHPian

Quote:

I guess you'd take a right (left and then U-turn, remember) at Zirakpur, head to Parwanoo and from there it's a left to Kasauli. Been kinda long since I went there. *sigh*

So let me know of any other spots apart from Monkey Top which we can visit there.

You can take a drive to Jagjit Nagar. It's supposed to be an even more tranquil place than Kasauli with dense forests around. So I guess the drive could a great one.

Hmmm... tricky one! You're leaving kinda late, so traffic would definitely be more while going out of Delhi as well as around Zirakpur/Kalka. Ideally it's an ~6 hour drive, so 8 hours sounds right. Try leaving an hour or two earlier if possible.
Wish you a good one bro!
Old 26th February 2010, 20:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

The route from Parwanoo to Kasauli is a narrow mountain road but is very scenic. Do it if you are comfortable with hill roads. The turn off will be 150 meters after crossing the bus stand on your left and Mayur complex on your right. The road has a steep left up curve. Otherwise the usual road is a left turn at Dharampur immediately after the police post on the left side.
In case you do take the Parwanoo route you can stop at a small water cascade about 8 kms from Parwanoo for tea and coffee.
Old 27th February 2010, 08:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Varun, Haveli is recently opened in Murthal as well. You can give it a try, I just missed it while coming back from shimla day before yesterday only.

Roads are great as usual, nothing to worry just drive-on.

Leaving time should be a bit looked upon, try to leave as early as possible.
Ashish - Did not know about Haveli. So now there are 3 on the GT road till Jalandhar ! Yup - Will try to leave early if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
You will be familiar with the route - Delhi - Panipat (Toll = Rs 20) - Karnal (Toll = Rs 72) - Ambala - Dera Bassi (Toll = Rs 20) - Zirakpur - Panchkula - Kalka - Parwanoo - Kasauli

As you reach Zirakpur (Bristol Resort on left side) on Ambala - Chandigarh highway (NH 22), don't take the flyover as you have to turn RIGHT after the redlight (under the flyover) in zirakpur for Panchkula.

You will have to take left turn for Kasauli after reaching Parwanoo.

Try breakfast at Haveli in Murthal (around 5 kms after crossing Murthal flyover). You can enjoy the cable car ride at Timber Trail in Parwanoo. Try to avoid visitng public places during Holi celebrations.

Thanks for the detailed info Irish

Happy Journey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Wish you a good one bro!
Thanks mate !

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
The route from Parwanoo to Kasauli is a narrow mountain road but is very scenic. Do it if you are comfortable with hill roads. The turn off will be 150 meters after crossing the bus stand on your left and Mayur complex on your right. The road has a steep left up curve. Otherwise the usual road is a left turn at Dharampur immediately after the police post on the left side.
In case you do take the Parwanoo route you can stop at a small water cascade about 8 kms from Parwanoo for tea and coffee.

Yup, Comfortable with hilly roads, have done Manali , Rohtang so this one should be a breeze.

I know about the water cascade. Will definitely stop there.

Last edited by vkochar : 27th February 2010 at 08:50.
Old 27th February 2010, 18:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

am glued on this, have some plans myself (though not same weekend), all inputs here will help me too.
Old 4th March 2010, 18:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Plan got cancelled due to wifey and baby feeling unwell. Will be doing this next month now !

Thanks for the information though guys

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks