Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2010, 12:00   #1

Mumbai-Kodaikanal-Cochin

Dear colleagues,

We (self, wife and 2 kids) are planning to drive down from Mumbai to Kodaikanal and onto Cochin. We plan to start our journey either on April 11 or 12.

I suppose I should take the NH4 upto Hosur and then the NH7.

Wondering if anyone can recommend a good stop over for day 1.

I have done the Mumbai - Belgaum stretch several times, but usually take the right onto Goa. So not familiar with hotels / good places to halt for the night, subsequent to Belgaum.

I figure I should be in Hubli in about 8 hours from Mumbai (if we manage to start by 6am). But would like to continue driving till about 6pm. Any suggestions on any good spots to halt for the night. My kids are reasonably grown up (11years and 8 years).

Also, are the directions very clear before Bangalore so that I by-pass the city (I plan to touch Bangalore on my way back).

We intend to enjoy the ride, so not fixing any time limits for reaching Kodaikanal.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thanks,
Rajesh
Old 12th March 2010, 13:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Rajesh, you are right. The best route to get to Kodai from Bombay is on NH4-NH7.

For Day 1, you can stop over at Chitradurga (Hotel Ravi Mayur). In case you are delayed for any reason, you can stay at Davangere before that (Hotel Puja International).

You can bypass Bangalore city by taking the NICE Road. It will lead you straight to the Hosur Road (NH7) in super-quick time.

I am attaching 2 files here:

http://groups.google.com/group/hvkum...0Bangalore.xls
This one has the detailed route profile for Bombay-Bangalore, listing out hotels en route also.
It also tells you how to take the NICE Road to bypass Bangalore.

http://hvkumar.googlegroups.com/web/...4S3iuNFSXVpJMu
This has the route profile for Bnagalore-Kodaikanal via Dindigul (fastest) and Kodaikanal-Bangalore via Perunthurai (shorter).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks