Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 15:24   #1

nippani Amboli / sankeshwar Amboli road conditions

I am planning to drive from Mumbai to Amboli in the month of April 2010. I have already booked at MTDC. I would like to travel by NH4. Kindly let me know which road is better at present: Nippani - Sankeshwar - Gadhinglaj - Ajara OR Nipani - Uttur - Ajara. I will start by 5:30 in the morning. Please let me know some decent stopover placeses.
Thanks.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

The Sankeshwar - Gadinglaj - Ajra road is wider than the Nipani - Uttur - Ajra road. Hence I prefer the Gadinglaj route. McDonalds just after pune i.s. 186 kms from bandra. The Sai International 31 kms before Kolhapur. Also fuel pumps at Kolhapur.

Regards

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 29th March 2010 at 18:09.
Old 29th March 2010, 21:22   #3

Thanks for the immediate response and useful information.
Regards.
Old 31st March 2010, 16:16   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
The Sankeshwar - Gadinglaj - Ajra road is wider than the Nipani - Uttur - Ajra road. Hence I prefer the Gadinglaj route. McDonalds just after pune i.s. 186 kms from bandra. The Sai International 31 kms before Kolhapur. Also fuel pumps at Kolhapur.

Regards
I would tend to agree with the comment made by our fellow BHPian above. The Sankeshwar to Gadhinglaj bit was quite wide although the road quality was not too good as there were some potholes as well as abrasive patches. There are several fuel pumps around Kolhapur on the NH4 as correctly stated above.

Cheers
Old 31st March 2010, 16:41   #5
BHPian

@Kadwad,

An early start from Mumbai will definetly help you if you are starting on a week day.

With a few stops you should be comfortable crossing Kolhapur around 11.30. Be careful as you will encounter all sorts of office traffic between Pune, Karad & Satara all the way up to Nippani.

Around 10-15 kms before Satara there is a good eating palce called Virangula, wherein you will find good Maharashtrian food. Not very hard to spot as you can see a lot of cars on the road.

After Nippani at the point on the Express Way wherein you turn to Uttur, you will find two eating joints. One on either side of the road. Both are average.

I did the Uttur Amboli strecth a month back and it is not all that bad, except it is narrow.

Have a safe trip mate.!!
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:46   #6

Thanks for the information. As always, I will be starting as early as possible and definitely like to stop by Virangula as suggested by you. I will share my experiences later.
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:49   #7

Thanks for the information. As always, I will try to start as early as possibe and definitely would like to stop by Virangula as suggested by you. I will share my experiences later.
Old 14th October 2010, 11:26   #8
BHPian

I am driving from Mumbai to Amboli this month-end. How is the post monsoon road condition.

Which route should I take?

1. Nippani - Sankeshwar - Gadhinglaj - Ajara
OR
2. Nippani - Uttur - Ajara
Old 14th October 2010, 11:53   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by remcy007 View Post
I am driving from Mumbai to Amboli this month-end. How is the post monsoon road condition.

Which route should I take?

1. Nippani - Sankeshwar - Gadhinglaj - Ajara
OR
2. Nippani - Uttur - Ajara

Nippani -Sankeshwar - Gandhinglaj - Ajara should be good option if you are going by a car.

Konduskar just after Kolhapur on NH4 is a good place to tank up.

Be careful of leeches @ MTDC Amboli; I had 2 leeches sucking my blood during my visit in Aug end. Scrutunize the bedding & pullovers for black slimy leeches.

Otherwise the resort is good ! Local guides will help you show some nice local attraction.

Enjoy your Trip !
Old 14th October 2010, 13:07   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milind View Post

Konduskar just after Kolhapur on NH4 is a good place to tank up.

Enjoy your Trip !
Thanks a lot Milind.

Any hotels between kolhapur and Satara for a quick break !!
Old 14th October 2010, 16:19   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by remcy007 View Post
Thanks a lot Milind.

Any hotels between kolhapur and Satara for a quick break !!
Hotel Pankaj Executive at Karad serves Hot Gujarathi Food between 12:30-3:30.

If you are coming from Kolhapur; you have to go under the flyover and follow the service Road on Right side to reach this place.

Hotel Sangam would another choice in Karad city on service Road.

you could google for more info on both hotels.

Milind

Last edited by Milind : 14th October 2010 at 16:25. Reason: got mixed with directions
Old 27th October 2010, 14:37   #12
BHPian

I will be travelling to amboli from Mumbai on NH4, I want to take a break at Kolhapur Macdonalds. But I believe it is on the other side while going to amboli/goa from Mumbai.

Are there any exits on NH4 to reach Kolhapur Macdonalds while going to Amboli/GOA from Mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks