Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 14:46   #1
BHPian

Hotels at Gokarna. Help Pls.

3 of us friends are visiting Gokarna this weekend. 2 of us are going to Mangalore where we will be joined by another friend. We will be driving from Mangalore. It is just a 'guys weekend' out before my marriage.

We are looking for Hotels in Gokarna, any one with 'been there' 'done that' experience, please share here. We will reach there on 2nd evening and would leave on 3rd afternoon. So, basically we need some decent place to stay for a night, maybe with a budget of 1-2k.
Old 31st March 2010, 14:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

I guess it too late , most of them will be booked for April 2nd holiday .
There is SEABIRD hotel ,its good , check it out / Google?.I don't have contacts of it now :( .
Old 31st March 2010, 18:28   #3
BHPian

First of all hoping the innova is fixed . Secondly in gokaran there aren't many options for weekend before marriage it's a sleepy town mostly visited by devotees seeking blessings at the famous Tempe having shivling in shape of cows ear hence Gokaran . we had stayed at gokaran international rooms a/c are around 700 buck s but need to be booked nos can be sourced via simple google search and there are a few costly staying option s but those are at om beach ! all of them need a prior booking they don't entertain walk ins but they won't suit your kind of outing either . I suggest take a breather at gokaran and drive further down to good old GOA

Last edited by m-hawk : 31st March 2010 at 18:32.
Old 31st March 2010, 23:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hotel Gokarna International is the only proper hotel in Kudle beach. Others all are shacks with mostly common toilets. Check out Sunset Cafe/ German Bakery, pretty decent.
A word of caution, don't ever stay at Sea Rock Cafe. Possibly the worst place of the entire lot and we ended up there thanks to a an (ex)friend. The owner is an ...... old fellow who is high 24/7. Apparently he even flashed a couple of my friends in a drunken fit .

This blog post will give you lots of details: Gokarna 2010: Day 3 ? Where to stay on Kudle and Om Beach Mithun On The Net
The blog is of my friend and a fellow bhpian (not active though). I can vouch for the info cause I went along with him on this trip.
Old 1st April 2010, 20:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

I drove there in 2008 Dec. Stayed in Seabird and Dined at Om Beach Resort (Across the street). Both are good and offer nice views. Om is a bit more upmarket and I would have stayed there in case I was able to secure a reservation.

South Goa is only 150 kms from Gokarna. Dont forget to visit the Kudlee beach which is much cleaner and less crowded then the famous Om beach. Both of them are on either side of a hillock-walkable distance from each other.

see Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Also I found this at Gokarna travel guide - Wikitravel and hence the info below might be a bit out of date

Seabird Resort. Nice place to stay Non-airconditioned rooms Rs. 1000/night, airconditioned rooms Rs.1500/night.

Om Beach Resort, Om Beach, ☎ +91-80-25597021 (fax: +91-80-25586163), [Run by Jungle Lodges and Resorts, offers one bedroom villa packages for B & B Rs. 2200/- or all meals, Rs 3600/- per couple. $35-$120/night. [

Last edited by Buffetfan : 1st April 2010 at 20:50.
Old 12th May 2010, 14:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

I am going to Gokarna this weekend. Any pointers towards decent hotels. Budget is Rs 1000/night. Would like to stay on the beach and don't mind guest house, but need attach toilet.

Also where does one park their cars and is it safe?
Old 5th April 2012, 11:06   #7
BHPian

Re: Hotels at Gokarna. Help Pls.

I am planning for a trip to Gokarna this long weekend. Any pointers for good places to stay. Requirement is for 2 couples. Need safe parking for the car.
Old 16th April 2013, 08:48   #8
BHPian

I am searching for a hotel for 2 days stay by end April - preferably at a walkable distance from the beach.

There are some of the options evaluated over web and calling some of them:

- Gokarna International : The guy at their phone no taken from web said there are multiple Gokarna International and he was talking about "Gokarna International town". The tariffs are 1500/- (a/c with triple bed. There are some good and some bad reviews of this on the web. Because of above statement that there are "multiple with that name" I am confused, which review applies to which. As such in the maps I can see only one hotel by that name.

- Shivaprasad : Mixed reviews again. 1500/- a/c.

- Seabird : 2500 a/c. Reviews look good. But not sure how close this is from the beach.

- Paradise cottages : Looks a promising idea. When enquired they sent photos, in which the bed rooms look very small from "wood" and "stone" huts priced 1000 and 1500 respectively. Wooden deluxe has spacious beds (2000/-). Wooden ones don't have hot water, while none of them have a/c.

- Khushi village (1400/- non a/c). Mixed reviews.

- Makara village (1400/- a/c, all meals except lunch). Looks good though very far from the beaches - 19km by Google map.

- Om beach resort (2500/- per person, all meals incl)

There appear to be some confusingly similar names of properties and fairly mixed reviews on the web. So not sure what to go for.

Request suggestions from those who might have stayed at Gokarna.
Old 16th April 2013, 09:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

not a hotel but a campsite: do consider http://camp.linger.in/?page_id=15

zenx (a BHPian) is the owner / chief-lingerer or what have you. You can PM him

-- I have no association nor any experience, just trying to help 2 BHPians in one shot!!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 08:46   #10
BHPian

Bumping up old thread to help fellow BHPians.

Bad Experience staying at Gokarn International Beach Resort
I have stayed at this hotel with family during 10th- 11th September 2016 and here is the summary
1. International is only in the name, not in the Hotel/Resort functioning. For that matter it is a C-grade hotel.
2. The contact number provided with booking confirmation was not working so have to go back to Gokarn and get another contact number.
3. There is no approach to the property by road, one should trek for 10 minutes on the horrible walk way (this can't be called a path)
4. One should park the car in Hotel Sivaprasad and pay parking charges extra. This cost is not reimbursed by our hotel guy. This is the first time I am seeing some thing like this, paying additional parking charges while staying at another hotel.
5. Approach road to this parking lot itself is very bad and adding to the misery, sign board pointing in the wrong direction
6. Rooms are very dirty. There are two single beds placed on queen size cot. Lights are not working when entered into the room and toilets are just horrible.
7. Restaurant food is horrible, all items tastes same
8. The only good thing about hotel is it's location, which is right on beautiful Kudle beach.

Last edited by hillsnrains : 14th September 2016 at 09:11.
Old 3rd June 2019, 00:45   #11
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Can you please suggest a good beach resort in Gokarna and nearby beaches?
A resort with its own private beach is my preference.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks