Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:57   #1
BHPian

Shimla Manali Trip

Dear All,

We are planning to Travel to Shimla and Manali for a week trip.
Kindly suggest me on accomodation and rates for 3 star hotels, Cab Facility and Places to visit near Shimla and Manali. I checked thru Make My Trip and other websites but got confused .

Thanks in Advance...!!!!
Som...

Last edited by Sowmya : 3rd April 2010 at 12:00.
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:33   #2
BHPian

i had been to Manali in May end 2009.
i would recommend - Snow Valley Resort, Manali
Maharaja package 4n/5d 14000 for a couple.
excellent view from rooms, avg food. good veg but avg non-veg.

things to do and getting there ways, check the attached doc file.

UM
Attached Files
File Type: doc manali guide.doc (37.5 KB, 8161 views)

Last edited by UniqueMods : 3rd April 2010 at 12:37.
Old 4th April 2010, 07:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Dear All,

Kindly suggest me on accomodation and rates for 3 star hotels, Cab Facility and Places to visit near Shimla and Manali. I checked thru Make My Trip and other websites but got confused .

Thanks in Advance...!!!!
Som...
if its of any help,probably you should take a look at this tlogue,it would give you an idea of the places you have to see and places you can afford to give a miss

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...delhi-hyd.html

You could do a Delhi-Shimla-Manali-dalhousie-palampur-dharamshala-wagah border-amritsar-delhi (include Agra as well if you have time at the end)then you could do do Delhi-Agra-Mathura-Delhi.3 weeks for just Shimla & Manali would be a tad long I guess unless you have other plans.

Places to stay depends on budget,if you have a budget in mind,I could recco a few places.We stayed @ The Radisson in Shimla & River Country Manali,both were really very beautiful stays(you could see them in the TLogue)..Radisson was inge of 10k for 2nights with breakfast & dinner.River country was 12k for 12 nights with bf & dinner.PM me in case you want contacts of the places who could help you out

I would suggest that you keep the same car for the entire trip,it works out economical and plus the driver would know where to go what to see etc and they fare would include parking fees,taxes etc(I found parking fees to be pretty steep at most places)
Old 4th April 2010, 08:04   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Dear All,

Thanks in Advance...!!!!
Som...

In shimla you can stay at the hotel 'Asia The Dawn', Its a 4 star hotel with three star rates & most rooms offer excellent views. Also it is about 3 kms from the railway station & is 8 kms from the mall so it is peaceful & quiet.

This hotel will also provide you half a day of sightseeing & also free pick ups & drops to the mall. They will also arrange cabs for you at market rates whenever you want.

In Shimla, I guarantee that this is the best hotel at these rates. Its better to book here in advance as it gets completely occupied many days in advance due to the regulars who always like to stay here.

The best part about it is the location & comfy rooms & good service.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 4th April 2010 at 08:06.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

In Manali there are a lot of options. Banon Resorts for one ( 4 *) In case you need some thing more economical check out Snow Valley. You could also check out whispering rocs ( it is on the way to Rohtang and outside the main Manali area.
Old 7th April 2010, 18:15   #6
BHPian

Hey Sowmya, I'd suggest you also check out Naggar during your journey around Manali. It's located opposite to Manali along the Beas river and is about 21 Km from Manali. It's a quaint little hamlet and a great place to unwind. The HPTDC hotel, Naggar Palace is a great place to stay in there. It's an erstwhile palace now turned into a heritage hotel. I stayed in there in 2009 and took the cheapest room (Rs. 1200), but the room was great and so was the service. The food is above average, but then you have other options, along with a German bakery, just next to the hotel.

I've been to Manali thrice, and have never stayed near the town center (too darn crowded and noisy). I'd liked Whispering Valley Resorts (close yet far enough from hustle bustle) and Sunshine cottages (close to Habimba Temple).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks