Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 13:23   #16
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
ADC also had to use all his clout and waste a lot of time getting those permits. Maybe you can try for the permits since you have more time at your disposal.
HVK, I have zero clout anywhere and everywhere.

I just stood for 1 day [for the N Sikkim permit] at the permit window with expecting and sad face and they took pity on me may be.

I spent 0 day [i.e. same day] for Tsongmo Lake permit and 1 day for the N Sikkim permit, after giving a biodata of us - that we are adventure motorists and it is impossible for us to think of leaving the vehicle behind and be on a taxi. Our case was then and there referred to a lady who though warning us that no private vehicles are allowed, told us to proceed - and boy was I happy!

Float, take a chance - may be they will give the nod!
Old 15th April 2010, 14:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

@ Float

Have a safe and memorable trip. I understand its a family trip. But it would be wise to have another person who can drive when you are traveling far off. Try convincing a relative of yours to tag along.
Old 15th April 2010, 15:22   #18
BHPian

@Float:

If this is your 1st big driving trip, I, too, suggest that you take another person to assist you - either share the load of the driving or just tag along for emergencies. A known family friend / relative is the best bet.
Old 15th April 2010, 20:50   #19
BHPian

@kingshukt & sachinj12
Thanks for your concern and good wishes.
While this is my most ambitious road trip, I do long trips ( well longest being our regular Bangalore - Goa 700kms in a day) quite frequently. I intend to keep each days drive within 700kms, so 10 - 11 hrs each day with halts for the night; I think I should be fine. Also, since we're not in any great rush, I can just stay an extra day wherever if I don't feel up to a drive that day.

@ADC
I like the idea of doing Nathu La in the Scorpio, but I'm not going to bust a gut trying to get permits. Besides, wife has a point about my missing the sights if I'm concentrating on the road. I'll just have to play it by ear after we get to Gangtok. Your advice about presenting long face at window is duly noted ;-)
Old 4th January 2012, 11:31   #20
BHPian

Re: The Great Indian Family Road Trip

We trying to do an Hyderabad-Bhutan on our Swift. Though it has been a while that there is no post in this thread. Would you give more insight on your trip and places of stay at end of each leg.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks