Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Are Time Share Memberships VFM?
Yes, definitely. 17 10.00%
No way! 116 68.24%
Not quite sure, I can't make up my mind. 37 21.76%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2015, 14:29   #121
BHPian

Re: Club Mahindra / Time Share Memberships - Make sense?

I see lot of discussions happening here and believe many CMH member will also read this. Is anyone here have utilized RCI membership? I'm a CMH member but not the RCI member and wanted some details on how CMH<->RCI works. Appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks
SE
Old 8th October 2015, 13:48   #122
BHPian

Makes sense. Works out way cheaper than doing it without a membership. And if you got in early, you really reap the rewards. I recently stayed at CMH Pondicherry. Excellent experience. Blogged about it here http://thomasnibu.blogspot.in/2015/0...dhucherry.html
Old 6th January 2018, 13:29   #123
BHPian

If one is talking about foreign vacations, why not consider AirBnB instead? I took a look at some properties and got the feeling that they offer a variety of deals at better prices. It seems to be much better than others, and is available across countries
Old 21st October 2023, 22:46   #124
BHPian

Trying to revive an old and dead thread. Considering we bhpians drive a lot & enjoy good times, will considering time share memberships make sense? I have been offered 25 years of membership of Club Mahindra. It includes RED (season) + Studio (room category) at Rs. 6 Lakhs. This has the standard 7N / 8D package and for first year they have some additional 3N complimentary stay. Also, 2 years of RCI included in the fees and post that I need to renew. Few other complimentary stuff like Rs. 12,500/- food coupons, some days of international stay complimentary (one time with some exchange fees) Now there has been mixed reviews I have got from friends. One close friend uses it to it's best and is pretty happy about it (after all he paid just Rs. 1,15,000/- for the 25 years membership in 2005) Other friend absolutely hates it as he struggles to get rooms. Would like to hear from fellow bhpians especially from a cost benefit analysis (we love doing that)

Last edited by VWAllstar : 21st October 2023 at 22:48.
Old 21st October 2023, 23:16   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Trying to revive an old and dead thread. Considering we bhpians drive a lot & enjoy good times, will considering time share memberships make sense? I have been offered 25 years of membership of Club Mahindra. It includes RED (season) + Studio (room category) at Rs. 6 Lakhs. This has the standard 7N / 8D package and for first year they have some additional 3N complimentary stay. Also, 2 years of RCI included in the fees and post that I need to renew. Few other complimentary stuff like Rs. 12,500/- food coupons, some days of international stay complimentary (one time with some exchange fees) Now there has been mixed reviews I have got from friends. One close friend uses it to it's best and is pretty happy about it (after all he paid just Rs. 1,15,000/- for the 25 years membership in 2005) Other friend absolutely hates it as he struggles to get rooms. Would like to hear from fellow bhpians especially from a cost benefit analysis (we love doing that)
They didn't tell you about the 20K you have to pay every year as maintenance charges? I would advise you to stay away from Club Mahindra unless you have so much money that you can't find ways of spending it!
directinjection is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 23:22   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
They didn't tell you about the 20K you have to pay every year as maintenance charges? I would advise you to stay away from Club Mahindra unless you have so much money that you can't find ways of spending it!
They did mention about the yearly maintenance charges of Rs. 19,850/- per year and it increases by some 500-1000 every 2 years. To be honest that's the charges which is spoiling the entire fun and the calculations. I feel it is on a higher side and could have been kept very minimal. Also I spoke to a friend who is a GM with a hospitality brand, as per him the inventory and members of Club Mahindra are a mismatch. There are more members and they are growing however the room inventory is not increasing at the same rate. So there will be difficulty to book rooms unless you do it within the first 15 mins of the opening slot
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 07:47   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
They did mention about the yearly maintenance charges of Rs. 19,850/- per year and it increases by some 500-1000 every 2 years. To be honest that's the charges which is spoiling the entire fun and the calculations. I feel it is on a higher side and could have been kept very minimal. Also I spoke to a friend who is a GM with a hospitality brand, as per him the inventory and members of Club Mahindra are a mismatch. There are more members and they are growing however the room inventory is not increasing at the same rate. So there will be difficulty to book rooms unless you do it within the first 15 mins of the opening slot
I would recommend to stay away. Better to take one from some popular hotel chain (like their yearly voucher). Also many small resorts have very good yearly packages which are much better than this.
I have stayed in quite a few club mahindra properties in South India and some of them were really basic and the food was really expensive. And not speak of their online booking platform. It's so outdated. Not sure if they still have that.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 22nd October 2023 at 07:48.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 08:17   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I would recommend to stay away. Better to take one from some popular hotel chain (like their yearly voucher). Also many small resorts have very good yearly packages which are much better than this.
I have stayed in quite a few club mahindra properties in South India and some of them were really basic and the food was really expensive. And not speak of their online booking platform. It's so outdated. Not sure if they still have that.
9/10 feedback is to stay away from Club Mahindra membership. Wonder what the management is doing to correct this? Probably the ones who have already bought it are stuck for 25 years and the exit clause is in favour of Mahindra.
Old 14th December 2023, 14:24   #129
BHPian

I had a mixed experience with Club Mahindra.

The positives:
1. Rooms availability has increased recently and they have a fair amount of resorts in India as well as outside.
2. Compared to last year, I find the room booking fairly easy and was able to secure rooms even during peak seasons while booking a few weeks in advance.
3. Rooms are very nice, good service and location. And most importantly, their parking is good.
4. For families that do not plan vacations often, this package makes a compulsion to use the available nights for the year. This way, we find time out for vacations.

The negatives:
1. The sales exec promised an iPhone 13 if we take a membership for 25 years. But soon after we paid the amount, he absconded (that's what his manager says). No one is taking responsibility of this even though he has given in writing.
2. When said about legal resolution, Club Mahindra leadership carelessly and casually asked us to do whatever we can.
3. Food is super super expensive and the options are very limited.
4. A Studio room has 2 bedrooms and a kitchenette. Max limit of Studio rooms is contradictory in different documents. One page says more than 3. Another says only 3. So if you are a family of 4 and a kid, then you have to pay additional for one person and kid even if you can accommodate within a Studio and don't ask for an extra bed. This amounts to easily INR 5ooo per night which is super expensive. They did not reveal this at the time of taking membership.
5. The annual maintenance fee of approx. Rs. 20,000 doesn't make sense after paying INR 4.5L for their 25 years membership.
6. The cancellation and modifiocation policies are very rigid and are extremely customer unfriendly.
7. The choices are limited to only the resorts in Club Mahindra and gets boring beyond a point once you cover all resorts.
8. Overall, I would compare this to buying a premium Netflix membership when you can see the same videos on Youtube. I am not very happy with money spent here.
jna4cob is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks