Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 10:26   #1
BHPian

24x7 Fuel Points on the GQ between Chennai to Coimbatore

I would like to know about good fuel stations that run 24x7 in GQ between Chennai - Krishnagiri and Krishnagiri - Coimbatore. My fuel tank capacity is way too low (27 litres) and as i do only night trips with family, i am scared to look at petrol bunks that are closed in the night.

I feel this information will be of great help to me and other BHPians who drive in the night. Can fellow BHPians share list of 24x7 petrol stations that are open across the GQ.

Mods: If you feel this is not the right place to post this topic, please move it to relevant section. Thanks
Old 15th April 2010, 08:05   #2
BHPian

Hi I do the Chennai Coimbatore / Ooty and Return Once or Twice a Week. My fuelling pattern is to fill up at Chennai and hit the bunk at Toppur just after Dharmapuri and just before the toll gate. A refill there takes me comfortably to Ooty / Coimbatore.

Its a good bunk and open 24 x 7. There is also the A2B, Adyar Ananda Bhavan there for food and nature calls.

Happy and Safe Driving
Old 15th April 2010, 10:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

The BPCL Pump on Krishnagiri byepass, though you will have to take a turn towards Bangalore to fill up fuel and then take a U Turn on your way to Dharmapuri is open 24 x 7. Similarly there are atleast a couple of pumps on Salem byepass which are 24 x 7 in addition to the BPCL outlet belonging to KPN travels after you turn into NH 47. The IOCL Jubilee outlet at Perundurai is also 24 x 7.

I think if driven carefully you can stretch yourself upto Coimbatore on a full tank. I get about 18/19 kmpl in my wagon R am sure you should be able to easily get about 20 kmpl atleast in your 800.
Old 15th April 2010, 11:26   #4
Team-BHP Support

I think most of the important eat-outs on the highway have an associated bunk, which are 24X7. Kamat, A2B are just two examples.
Old 19th April 2010, 11:01   #5
BHPian

thank you all for the info.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks