Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2012, 15:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Mumbai - Pandharpur - Kolhapur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
If you are visiting Kolhapur, some other places of interest in the region that you can consider are Vishalgad, Pawankhind, Panhala, Jyotiba and Marleshwar [though this is slightly far away].
Thanks for these inputs. I will be visiting Kolhapur; most likely while coming back.
I should also mention that there are two little ones with us - aged 3 and 1, so, trekking/ hiking to forts etc. has to be avoided. I would also have to skip other temples, since we will be covering at least two in one day (or two days).

I would prefer greener areas/ gardens where they can play instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Kolhapur- Jaysingpur - Shirol - Narsobawadi is the one you should take.
Thank you.
Quote:
If you have time and interest, may I recommend you to visit Khidrapur temple? Its around 20 odd Kms further from Narsobawadi but a very good ancient temple. I was there just a couple of weeks back
I already have this on my list. How is the road condition?

Quote:
Also, there is one place called "Ramling" a detour of around 5 Km one way before Hatkanagale on Sangli road. Again a very ancient place which has a shivling in a gufa surrounded by water, a very interesting place.
However I cannot add more temples to the itinerary after this. Need some other spots

Last edited by S_U_N : 27th June 2012 at 15:07.
Old 27th June 2012, 16:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Thanks a lot!

One final question While coming from Pune, is the exit for Sangli/Miraj road after one passes Manugraph/Kolhapur Steels [on the right side of NH4] or before it?

Cheers,
Vikram
You are right. The exit is just around or after you pass Kolhapur Steels (You may see Kirloskar board there now, I think ). This is some distance after Manugraph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I would prefer greener areas/ gardens where they can play instead.
I know your itinerary is becoming tight, but just can't help with this suggestions
There is something called "Jahaj Temple" near Hatkanangale, actually near a place called "Bahubali". It's a jain temple but constructed in a ship like structure. It's still under construction so you cannot get to see the water around it but still a nice place, especially for children as it has good garden around. When I say good garden, don't expect a very great one, but its kind of green and cool. I would assume it would be good to visit in the evening, should look good with lights on. Now, thisroad is exactly bang opposite to Hatkanangale ST stand and its around 5 - 6 Kms from there. Anyone would guide you to this road.

Quote:

I already have this on my list. How is the road condition?
The road condition is fairly good, there are bad patches when it passes through some villages, but manageable.

Last edited by Figopian : 27th June 2012 at 16:42.
Figopian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 15:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Some change of plan.
We need to be at the Narsoba temple at 8 in the morning on Sunday.

Hence the plan now is to visit Kolhapur, have darshan and then reach Narsoba by evening (before 7 PM).
Any good accommodation nearby?
So, the route is:
Pune - Kolhapur- Narsoba (stay)
Narsoba ->XXX - Pune.

I need to fill the XXX now.
where XXX cannot be too far from the route to Pune.
Old 28th June 2012, 16:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Some change of plan.
We need to be at the Narsoba temple at 8 in the morning on Sunday.

Hence the plan now is to visit Kolhapur, have darshan and then reach Narsoba by evening (before 7 PM).
Any good accommodation nearby?
So, the route is:
Pune - Kolhapur- Narsoba (stay)
Narsoba ->XXX - Pune.

I need to fill the XXX now.
where XXX cannot be too far from the route to Pune.
You could get back to Kolhapur for stay and then proceed to Pune. Good hotels around where you do not have to get into city too much - Orient Crown, Ayodhya, Pearl, Rayson Regency, Panchasheel, etc.

Orient Crown would be great as it is just a couple of Kms from highway. You should see that on your right side once you enter Kolhapur just 1 Km after the toll plaza (which is not working)
Old 29th June 2012, 17:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

We leave tomorrow morning. Reach Kolhapur by afternoon, have darshan and then proceed towards Narsoba.

We need to be in Narsoba temple on Sunday morning (at 8), so I am looking at accommodation close to Narsoba temple.
Old 1st October 2012, 16:38   #21
BHPian

Hi,

Need to know which route is the best to Pandharpur from Mumbai. Planning to drive, starting tomorrow night.

Plan is to start at midnight (i.e. 12 am Wednesday), reach Pandharpur by morning 6 am.

Darshan and some work at Pandharpur on wednesday.

Halt at some decent; not so expensive place on wednesday night and head back to mumbai on thursday morning.

Need suggestion on the route and some hotels to stay on the way back.

Thanks.
Old 29th December 2016, 13:40   #22
BHPian

Latest update on Route - 27 Dec 2016

Pandharapur - Kolhapur journey:

Vehicle : Skoda Rapid

Total Drive time : 4:00 hours with Food/Biobreaks.

Start Time: 0830 hrs from Pandharapur.
End Time: 1230 hrs Kolhapur Temple Parking.

Pandharapur - Miraj : Roads are ok 2 lane roads equivalent to SH quality and not that of NH quality, but pass through lots of small villages. So expect lot of speed breakers at the start of the village and at the end of the village. Lot of 2 wheeler traffic in which will cut the speed. Also MHRTC buses do not give way for overtaking. No good options for food / bio break though you have one Vittal Kamath along the way.

Miraj - Kolhapur: Good 4 lane roads but lot of slow moving 3 Wheeler and local passenger tempo trax vehicles.

Last edited by carlosTHEjackal : 29th December 2016 at 14:05. Reason: Correction to spelling
carlosTHEjackal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 14:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosTHEjackal View Post
Latest update on Route - 27 Dec 2016

Pandharapur - Kohlapur journey:

Miraj - Kohlapur: Good 4 lane roads but lot of slow moving 3 Wheeler and local passenger tempo trax vehicles.
Thanks for the update on Miraj--Kolhapur. I had been waiting since long for someone to update on the 4 laning of this sector. So, is it done entirely or there are still some stretches in between that are pending ??

By the way, hope you don't mind a small correction - It's "Kolhapur" and not "Kohlapur"
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 14:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
So, is it done entirely or there are still some stretches in between that are pending ??
It starts from the Sanjay Ghodawat Company in the outskirts of Miraj all the way till NH 48.
Yes there are some patches of work to be completed in between. But did not see any work-in progress. But These patches were manageable and not worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
By the way, hope you don't mind a small correction - It's "Kolhapur" and not "Kohlapur"
Thanks..Corrected the spelling.
Old 25th March 2022, 23:48   #25

Re: Mumbai - Pandharpur - Kolhapur : Route Queries

I know its an old thread but instead of starting a new one I thought I will post here and may be we might have a few latest updates:

We are planning a weekend trip, details below:
Vehicle: Innova
Mumbai - Pandharpur - Tulja Bhawani - Mumbai
Its a family trip, below are the expectations from the forum members:
- Food Halts
- Route
- Parking and Stay options

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks