Team-BHP - How to reach Kullu from Jaipur
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   How to reach Kullu from Jaipur (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/80267-how-reach-kullu-jaipur-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akadian (Post 1856302)
Hi Deky,

Frankly, your train plans look the most sensible to me. Anyday, you will be reaching Chandigarh in much better shape than if you were to go the distance in a bus. It may even be a Volvo but doesn't match the quality of a train journey. The train allows you to stretch limbs, lie down full and get a good night's sleep. So, thumbs up buddy. Go for the dierct train from Jaipur to Chandigarh :)

Its time Vs comfort,

If you take the train(there's one from Jaipur to Chandigarh overnight), you will reach chandigarh in the morning but from there you need to take an ordinary bus to reach Kullu(again tiring, will waste a day). Volvo's ply at night only, wait till late evening to catch one, again wasting the day and night from chandigarh.

If you reach delhi during the day and then reach Kullu by taking an overnight volvo, you spend lesser time travelling but comfort is compromised.

Take your pick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashthedivx (Post 1856258)
Looks a comfortable journey plan to me, Apart from this it will keep apart from changing in Delhi. I would say best of the LOT :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akadian (Post 1856302)
Hi Deky,

Frankly, your train plans look the most sensible to me. Anyday, you will be reaching Chandigarh in much better shape than if you were to go the distance in a bus. It may even be a Volvo but doesn't match the quality of a train journey. The train allows you to stretch limbs, lie down full and get a good night's sleep. So, thumbs up buddy. Go for the dierct train from Jaipur to Chandigarh :)

Yes thats what I was thinking, at least one good night rest in the train. Now I have asked someone to find me details of buses leaving from Chandigarh to Manali. I am hoping that there is a day Volvo bus so that I can reach Kullu/ Manali by night and again rest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by montoo (Post 1856374)
this road is good.I HAD BEEN TO THIS ROAD 2-3 TIMES 2/3 YEARS BACK.

Thanks, thats good to know, but the thing is that the conditions of roads in India keep changing by the season. I hope that the roads good this season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 1857823)
Its time Vs comfort,

If you take the train(there's one from Jaipur to Chandigarh overnight), you will reach chandigarh in the morning but from there you need to take an ordinary bus to reach Kullu(again tiring, will waste a day). Volvo's ply at night only, wait till late evening to catch one, again wasting the day and night from chandigarh.

If you reach delhi during the day and then reach Kullu by taking an overnight volvo, you spend lesser time travelling but comfort is compromised.

Take your pick.

I thought of that. But the train still appeals me as it starts jaipur at 2000hrs so atleast I will have full day of 4th May with me. If I take a bus from Jaipur to Delhi on the 5th of May I would have start start by 1000hrs to reach Delhi to take the 1700hrs Volvo to manali.

Starting at 10 am on the 5th or starting at 8 pm on the 4th I think doesnt save me a day. (apart from getting my own bed to sleep for a night)

But neverthless thanks for suggesting.

Thank you all for all your inputs. The plan stands like this.

1. Leave Jaipur today 4/05/10 by overnight train to Chandigarh. Arrive chandigarh at 0700 hrs.
2. take a/c bus at 0840 hrs on 05/05/10 and reach Kullu by evening. If I miss this bus or if seats not available take any bus to Kullu
3. 06/05/10 to 16/05/10 trekking
4. Take the ac volvo on 16/05/10 (tickets done on internet) to delhi and reach delhi on 17/05/10 by morning. Take the next bus to Jaipur.

Regards
Dhiraj