Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 00:19   #1
BHPian

Tarkarli in May!! Will it be too hot?

Hi guys, i am planning a 4 day vacation at tarkarli in end May. I have two queries:-
(1) Will it be too hot at that time of the year, making venturing out in the mornings / afternoon difficult?
(2) I am really looking forward to snorkeling at the corals near Sindhudurg fort. Is snorkelling carried out in end may? And how good is it really? I have snorkelled at jolly buoy in andamans and it was nothing short of fantastic really.

Hope to get some answers.
Cheers.
Old 5th May 2010, 12:28   #2
BHPian

It will definitely be hot and humid, although end of may might mean its better than current temperatures if there are any pre-monsoon showers.

Going into the sea at afternoon is painful even during other seasons on the coast, early morning and late afternoons should be fine. Remember to drink lots of water (rather than other fluids ;-) )

I went to Sindhudurg earlier this year but did not go in for the snorkelling as we had to head out, but for the money being asked I guess it is definitely worth a try. They take you out to the other side of the fort (island) in a boat.
Old 5th May 2010, 18:18   #3
BHPian

Thanks Abhay. Planning to go ahead with the trip anyways. will see if it gets too hot.
Old 7th May 2010, 20:02   #4
BHPian

I was there in last May, and it was not hot(off course it was very humid).

I have been told by locals that Snorkelling at Sindhdurg fort is best during December. However, mine being the first dip there - it was nothing short of fantastic for me either.
Old 8th May 2010, 12:49   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Hi guys, i am planning a 4 day vacation at tarkarli in end May. I have two queries:-
(1) Will it be too hot at that time of the year, making venturing out in the mornings / afternoon difficult?
(2) I am really looking forward to snorkeling at the corals near Sindhudurg fort. Is snorkelling carried out in end may? And how good is it really? I have snorkelled at jolly buoy in andamans and it was nothing short of fantastic really.

Hope to get some answers.
Cheers.
I have visited Tarkali lot many times, My observation are as follows_
It will very hot in Tarkali, When I visited last year we used to leave or AC on in the room as it takes longer time to cool down the room. wear light clothes
Regarding snorkelling is very good idea, you have to check at Sindhugurg. Try at MTDC they to have snorkelling. But water may be slightly muddy( Not crystal clear).
Do boat riding at dev-baag beach.
Old 9th May 2010, 07:32   #6
BHPian

Thanx guys. Any reviews on siddhivinayak beach resort? Thats where i am planning to stay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks