Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 15:20   #16
BHPian

I was at Ooty less than a month back - climate is excellent. Coonoor is wonderful - there's not much to do but laze around. I was also equally worried about the "engaging the 3-yr old" problem - turned out to be a non-issue. Kid had loads of fun everywhere we went. Lots of boating. Botanical garden was fun for the kid - lot of running around. Now the flower-show is on as well I guess (it started right after I left Ooty) - overall pretty good trip for me.

I stayed at Hotel Lakeview. About 1700 bucks a night - not bad for the place and the food is not all that bad (per my understanding of Ooty standards - tried a bunch of places outside and always ended up saying "we should have eaten at the hotel").

I did the reverse - went to Ooty, there on went to Coimbatore and returned to Chennai from Coimbatore. The drive from CBE to Chennai is pretty good all the way - I came via NH7 and Krishnagiri/Vellore.

I do remember some friends telling me now that Ooty this month is over-crowded (far above normal) - you might want to double-check that.

Need to start planning for a Munnar trip sometime soon ;-)
Old 13th May 2010, 18:34   #17
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Kids need only one thing to have loads of fun irrespective of destination. That's called - Your Attention. Let not the feeling of a holiday detract you from your primary responsibility of that of a parent. Then, even if you take your kid to an opera recital and they'd be well behaved!
Old 13th May 2010, 18:48   #18
Team-BHP Support

There is one thing in Ooty that every kid would love. And so would the parents!
The Toy Train....
Old 13th May 2010, 20:48   #19
BHPian

@MX6 . I have seen it with my elder daughter. She craves for attention. Whenever she gets it, she is fine.

That is the reason that I want to rest, relax, spend time with my daughters and not worry about sight seeing, even though this would be my first visit to Munnar.
Old 13th May 2010, 23:09   #20
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see a doting father in you dwarakv. I was literally blown away by the snaps of a resort in munnar posted by srikanthpotluri (I guess). That's what I feel you should be targetting!
Old 14th May 2010, 11:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

There are places like SN Tourist home, Poopada Resorts etc that provide you a decent accommodation at a reasonable rates, don’t expect any brilliant views from these places. There are few homestays in Devikulam providing budget accomodation

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks