Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 13:07   #1
BHPian

Transit VISA for Malaysia

Hi Guys, need urgent help on this.

Can someone confirm the transit visa requirements for someone transiting in Malaysia?

The High Commission indicates and I quote:
Quote:
TRANSIT VISA TO MALAYSIA
Please be advised that with effect from 01 December 2009, the transit facility without visa up to 120 hours at five (5) entry points in Malaysia, previously given to passport holders of Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka is hereby cancelled. All passport holders from the above mentioned countries must have social/short visa for a transit at any point of entry in Malaysia. Notwithstanding, nationals of the above mentioned countries who have a valid permanent resident status or have a valid long term permit of stay or have a valid work permits from other countries may be given the transit facility without visa up to 120 hours.
Source: High Commission of Malaysia

Other sites indicate that a transit visa is NOT required. For someone traveling to Australia, looking to transit through KL, is a transit visa required?
Old 11th June 2010, 13:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

yes, one need proper visa to transit at kl.
earlier, indians except passengers flying out of tamilnadu were not needed visa to transit through malaysia.

get proper visa.
its just 3 day affair to get that visa.
visa fee rs 750 plus agent fee.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 11th June 2010 at 13:21.
Old 11th June 2010, 13:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

According to my travel agent, foriegn nationals who continue thier journey to the next destination through the same flight do not require a transit visa.
i.e one should not leave the airport premises and continue the journey to the next destination, the authorities may ask the ticket as a proof that one is travelling further.?
Any other suggestions?
Old 11th June 2010, 14:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Hi Guys, need urgent help on this.

Can someone confirm the transit visa requirements for someone transiting in Malaysia?

The High Commission indicates and I quote:
Source: High Commission of Malaysia

Other sites indicate that a transit visa is NOT required. For someone traveling to Australia, looking to transit through KL, is a transit visa required?
You wouldnt have any problems staying within the transit areas inside KL airport.You wouldnt be able to travel out of the areas defined in the aiprort or go through immigration.

If you are flying to Australia,you wouldnt need a visa to stay within the airport for a few hours.But if you intend on leaving the airport premises to take a look around,then you would need a valid visa which has to be obtained via the Malaysian consulates in India.
Old 11th June 2010, 14:59   #5
BHPian

Yes, Transit visa facility has been cancelled for people from India now. I had the same problem when i wanted to stop in KL for a few days on my visit to Australia. You can stay in the Airport without any problem, but if you want to step out, you need a proper visa as explained by the others above.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:53   #6
BHPian

but in this news says "Indian nationals a "visa-free transit" facility beginning on July 1 this year 2010."

source
Old 8th July 2010, 17:01   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
but in this news says "Indian nationals a "visa-free transit" facility beginning on July 1 this year 2010."

source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Yes, Transit visa facility has been cancelled for people from India now. I had the same problem when i wanted to stop in KL for a few days on my visit to Australia. You can stay in the Airport without any problem, but if you want to step out, you need a proper visa as explained by the others above.
Thanks deadman. Looks like the visa-free transit has been restored.
Old 22nd May 2014, 10:55   #8
BHPian

Re: Transit VISA for Malaysia

I will be visiting Malaysia in mid June and want to apply for a tourist visa. How much does it cost? All travel agents are asking for 4000 whereas embassy charges are only 1000rs. Even VFS is asking for ~3500. Can someone confirm you has recently got Malaysian visa?
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
I will be visiting Malaysia in mid June and want to apply for a tourist visa. How much does it cost? All travel agents are asking for 4000 whereas embassy charges are only 1000rs. Even VFS is asking for ~3500. Can someone confirm you has recently got Malaysian visa?
Hello, the Malaysia Visa has to be procured through agents only, they have a list of approved agents on their Consular website.

If you are planning on visiting Sabah and Sarawak ensure your visa covers that part of the country as well.

My two cents, ask for a multiple entry.
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:51   #10
BHPian

Thanks for reply. I see on consular website beginning Dec 2013 they added extra 2000 INR per person.
Old 19th May 2015, 11:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Any idea how much a tourist visa to Malaysia costs now for Indian citizens? I am contemplating a family vacation to Malaysia or Thailand in July, and need inputs to estimate my cost of travel. I am not going via any travel agent as I need flexibility to plan on my own.
Old 12th September 2017, 19:32   #12
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning a return trip travel to Bali from Chennai via Kuala Lumpur on Malindo Air in January 2018. On both ways, I will be passing through KL.

I have two questions:
1. Do I need a transit visa at KL (I won't be having Indonesia visa)?
2. I believe Indians are given visa exemption at Indonesia sometime back. Is this still the case?

Anyone who is in the latest knowledge of things, kindly help. I did some googling but the results are confusing.

Thanks.
Old 14th September 2017, 05:32   #13
BHPian

https://www.windowmalaysia.my/evisa/evisa.jsp

Yes, there is something called eNTRI for Indians. It is valid till mar 31. It is quite a simple process you have to visit the site and upload the documents. It is a 5 minute job and you get the entri form right then and there.

A few things to note
- You can only enter through the designated entry points
- It is single entry up to 15 days
- The site is a pain, you have to create a separate login for each family member
- It is a bit of a ripoff, each visa is 21$, I wish they had a rate per family
Old 15th September 2017, 11:19   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
https://www.windowmalaysia.my/evisa/evisa.jsp

Yes, there is something called eNTRI for Indians. It is valid till mar 31. It is quite a simple process you have to visit the site and upload the documents. It is a 5 minute job and you get the entri form right then and there.

A few things to note
- You can only enter through the designated entry points
- It is single entry up to 15 days
- The site is a pain, you have to create a separate login for each family member
- It is a bit of a ripoff, each visa is 21$, I wish they had a rate per family
Thanks.

I wrote to Malindo air and they reverted back that a transit visa is not required at KL for me to go to Denpasar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks