Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2010, 14:40   #1
BHPian

Delhi to bokaro, advice needed

I am planning a road trip from delhi to bokaro by road. I am planning getting out from delhi around 2-3 AM drive till varanasi, stay at night an leave early morning around 5 AM for bokaro reach there by late afernoon. I would like to now

1> is it safe to travel with wife and kid after varanasi?
2> if the road trip can be avoided is it strongly recommended?
3 any particular advice?
4> is timeline expected by me is ok or i will need more time on road? more breaks?

infact i have got job in SAIL, Bokaro, I am Planning to take my car from Haryana or else I have to buy a new car in Bokaro, the reason for road trip

thankx in advance
Old 13th June 2010, 15:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

All along NH2 till you turn off at either Bogodar or Gobindpur before Dhanbad (this is preferred), there are no safety issues. The road via Dhanbad is also good.

Making it to Varanasi on Day 1 is not easy unless you are a seasoned highway driver, you leave Delhi very early (by 6 am at least) and do not take too many halts. Allahabad is also a good place for the night halt, but try to push it to Varanasi since it will enable you to reach Bokaro before dark. Check out with your local sources if any section of road approaching Bokaro is unsafe.

Last edited by hvkumar : 13th June 2010 at 15:07.
Old 14th June 2010, 10:19   #3
BHPian

@ drsnt: You do not need to start at 2 AM to reach Varanasi on the same day. I had done this route in Feb'10 and it had taken me about 12 hrs to reach Varanasi.

But I would suggest you to avoid Varanasi. You won't find any good hotel closer to the highway (at least I wasn't able to find anything) and getting into Varanasi, in the evening is not a good idea at all. Too much traffic, specially, lots of trucks entering the city in the evening. Try to stay at Allahabad.

On NH-2, you will come across a place called 'Rajabhita' before Dhanbad, take a right from there and you should reach Bokaro in 2-3 hours from there. This will help u avoid the traffic of Dhanbad.

here' the route map:
Directions to Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India - Google Maps
Old 14th June 2010, 21:05   #4
BHPian

Much before the gobindpur turn, you would see the right turn for bokaro, marked on big green board ( the typical highway green board). Take this turn, within 8-10 kms you would be near the railway station of Dhanbad and from here its hardly 50kms to bokaro. From NH2 you would not take more than 2 hours to reach Bokaro (max). The road is completely safe and very densely populated. No safety issues at all. Only issue could be cops on the Dhanbad-Bokaro stretch, who might stop u seeing non-JH number. But if you are with family they will definitely not stop u.
Inside Dhanbad town you would have to ask ppl to reach on the road to bokaro(google map may not be very useful ).

When you reach Chas ITI More, you have to take an almost U-turn there, otherwise you would be on the way to purulia-tata. I think there is a marking there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks