Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 15:03   #1

Hyderabad to Nanded to Shirdi

I am planning a trip to Shirdi from Hyderabad via Nanded. I plan to leave on the night of 23rd July, so is the route safe to travel with family. Else I would leave on 24th July morning. I want to visit the Gurudwara in Nanded on my way to Shirdi. I live right near NH9, so what is the best route. I have always referred to Team BHP for travel plans as the inputs are honest and detailed. Please help me on this one. And yes, I am driving a Scorpio, so can manage to take on some rough patches, but family safety is more important.
Old 12th July 2010, 15:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion View Post
I am planning a trip to Shirdi from Hyderabad via Nanded. I plan to leave on the night of 23rd July, so is the route safe to travel with family. family safety is more important.
As Nizamabad is naxal prone area, it will be better if you travel this stretch during day time.
Old 12th July 2010, 18:10   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
As Nizamabad is naxal prone area, it will be better if you travel this stretch during day time.
No problem with Nizambad. My cousin drives to Nizambad and back regularly at all times. He never expressed any concerns.
Old 13th July 2010, 11:50   #4

To be safe I can travel in the day. What is the best route to follow first to Nanded and then from there to Shirdi. I plan to be back in Hyderabad on 25th July (Sunday). I know that could be a tight schedule so can look at streching to Monday.
Old 13th July 2010, 12:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To be safe I can travel in the day. What is the best route to follow first to Nanded and then from there to Shirdi. I plan to be back in Hyderabad on 25th July (Sunday). I know that could be a tight schedule so can look at streching to Monday.
Good route is Nanded-Nagar-Sangamner-Loni-Shirdi.Is around 420kms,roads are good.Its a NH tilll Sangamner.Time-around 7-8hours.Facilities enroute very limited.Major town is Nagar on the route.
Old 13th July 2010, 12:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
there are many routes from nanded to shridi.

most recommended and good road is nanded-jintur-jalana-aurangabad-vaijapur-shirdi.

while going back to hyd, recommended route is

shirdi-nagar-karmala-tembhurni-solapur-hyd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Good route is Nanded-Nagar-Sangamner-Loni-Shirdi.Is around 420kms,roads are good.Its a NH tilll Sangamner.Time-around 7-8hours.Facilities enroute very limited.Major town is Nagar on the route.
there is no need to go sangamner while going from nagar to shirdi.
Old 13th July 2010, 14:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

I agree with what ASHISHPALLOD has recommended the return route, Shirdi-nagar-karmala-tembhurni-solapur-hyd.I have travelled in this route there will be lorry traffic from Temburni to Sholapur otherwise it is safe route.The other route if you are travelling in the day then you can try is Nagar-Jamkhed-Bhum-Terkhed-Osmanabad-Tuljapur-Hyd.The only problem in this route is Bhum-Terkhed is very isolated thou distance is not much it is advisible to cross this stretch before 6pm.You can save upto one hour if you are coming by the Nagar-Jamkhed-Bhum-Terkhed-Osmanabad-Tuljapur-Hyd route.
Old 13th July 2010, 14:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
you can try is Nagar-Jamkhed-Bhum-Terkhed-Osmanabad-Tuljapur-Hyd.The only problem in this route is Bhum-Terkhed is very isolated thou distance is not much it is advisible to cross this stretch before 6pm.You can save upto one hour if you are coming by the Nagar-Jamkhed-Bhum-Terkhed-Osmanabad-Tuljapur-Hyd route.
if anyone really need to save that extra hour, then i will recommend more safe route of

nagar-ashti-jamkhed-patoda-manjarsumba-yermala-osmanabad-tuljapur-naldurg-omerga-hyd.

but i strongly recommend most safe route of karmala-tembhurni-solapur.
blackscorpion is traveling with family and safety is highest criteria for me to give any recommendation on route.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 13th July 2010 at 14:24.
Old 14th July 2010, 09:01   #9

Thanks so much for the wonderful inputs, very helpful. I still have a question, that what is the best route from Hyderabad to Nanded, considering that we would have to travel around 11.30 PM at night on 23rd July. Want to make a quick stopover at Nanded and then move on to Shirdi. Trying to reach Shirdi on Satueday (24th) and if possible to have Darshan the same day. Trying to take out time on Sunday and Monday to explore other areas to be able to come back by Monday night.
Old 17th July 2010, 16:45   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much for the wonderful inputs, very helpful. I still have a question, that what is the best route from Hyderabad to Nanded, considering that we would have to travel around 11.30 PM at night on 23rd July. Want to make a quick stopover at Nanded and then move on to Shirdi. Trying to reach Shirdi on Satueday (24th) and if possible to have Darshan the same day. Trying to take out time on Sunday and Monday to explore other areas to be able to come back by Monday night.
Common route is Hbad-Kamareddy (4 lane) -Nizamabad-Bodhan-Nanded. Govt/private buses as well as private verhicles run on this route all the time. Only tribal/forest area I have heard about is towards north adjoining Adilabad, and not towads Nizamabad.
Regards
Old 17th July 2010, 17:18   #11
BHPian

I did Hyderabad-Nanded-Hyderabad less than a year back but I cannot comment on the safety of the route at nights simply because I did it in the day time and not because of any other reason - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1514540

Booking a room at NRI complex over interent is 256 per night (with minimum 3 days advance booking) while it is 300 per night in cash at Nanded.
Old 18th July 2010, 23:24   #12

Thanks so much once again. My tentative plan is to leave on 23rd July night, reach Nanded and sometime in the morning of 24th reach Shirdi. On 25th morning move to Khandala, stay there for the day. On 25th using NH7 visit Ajanta Ellora and reach back to Hyd by late night. Would appreciate feedback on the plan, once again keeping in mind that me and a friend travelling with family.
Old 19th July 2010, 10:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much once again. My tentative plan is to leave on 23rd July night, reach Nanded and sometime in the morning of 24th reach Shirdi. On 25th morning move to Khandala, stay there for the day. On 25th using NH7 visit Ajanta Ellora and reach back to Hyd by late night. Would appreciate feedback on the plan, once again keeping in mind that me and a friend travelling with family.
oye,
you changed your plan.

it will be zig zag drive.

better do it like

hyd-nizamabad-nanded-aurangabad[ for ellora/ajintha]-shirdi-khandala-pune-nh9-solapur-hyd.
Old 19th July 2010, 13:27   #14

Thanks Ashish, will surely follow the advice. I know it's quite a zig zag and packed trip, but don't get many chances to go out now. Trying to make the most of the time. Will update all once back from the trip with some snaps as well.
Old 19th July 2010, 16:56   #15

Booking hotels at Shirdi has become a task. Confirmed bookings got cancelled twice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks