Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2010, 13:45   #1

AP - MH Border - Road Conditions. Is it safe to Drive ??

Team,

I am scheduled to drive to Shirdi via Solapur from Hyderabad for a 5 day trip starting this Wednesday evening. Heard from the news that there is a lot of tension on the AP - MH border areas. Though I know it is not in the Solapur route, I just wanted to check with folks to see if anyone had idea in terms of how volatile this route can become and also wanted to find out if it is safe to go ahead with my plans.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 19th July 2010, 15:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiolover View Post
I am scheduled to drive to Shirdi via Solapur from Hyderabad for a 5 day trip starting this Wednesday evening. Heard from the news that there is a lot of tension on the AP - MH border areas. Though I know it is not in the Solapur route, I just wanted to check with folks to see if anyone had idea in terms of how volatile this route can become and also wanted to find out if it is safe to go ahead with my plans.
Don't worry.

There is some tension along Nanded-Nizamabad border and thats it!!

People in Maharshtra are wise enough not to throw the stones on private vehicles with AP number!!
Old 19th July 2010, 17:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would avoid the sector - looks like the problems will intensify, and damages to vehicles on either side cannot be ruled out. Already, traffic was disrupted on NH7 (Adilalabad-Pandharkawada) and in Nizamabad-Nanded sections.
Old 19th July 2010, 17:47   #4
Team-BHP Support

How is the situation on NH4 (MH-KA border)? Normalcy resumed or still tension building up?
Old 19th July 2010, 17:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
How is the situation on NH4 (MH-KA border)? Normalcy resumed or still tension building up?
Beyond the initial reports of some problems in Belgaum city last week, no unpalatable episodes in either MH or KA on NH4.
Old 19th July 2010, 17:57   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I did Pune - Blr stretch this Sunday ( 18th July ) with apprehensions. Started from Pune by 6:00 AM, crossed Kohlapur by 9:20 and did not face any problems in the MH-KA border. There were no flags or posters also, just life as usual. Though I have a KA registered vehicle and felt safe once I reached Belgaum, no where I saw traces of violence/damage to property.

Nainar
Old 19th July 2010, 21:15   #7
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Good job Anainar. This will instill confidence in all T-BHPians. The lifeline called NH4 is fine after all!
Old 20th July 2010, 16:36   #8
BHPian

Planning to cross into MH with a KA car from AP via Asifabad, Wakri, Ballarpur this weekend (Visiting Tadoba). Any updates on this stretch (political issues) will help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks