Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2010, 10:59   #1
BHPian

Delhi - Mussoorie: Alternate route during Kawad season

Friends,

I'll be travelling to Mussoorie on the night of Thursday, 29th July. The problem is, this is Kawad season and I'm planning to avoid NH-58 completely. The route that I intend to take is:

New Delhi > Karnal > Kunjpura > Yamunanagar > Saharanpur > Dehradun > Mussoorie

As I am travelling at night I want to avoid the Shamli/Baghpat stretch. Also, I want to avoid the Yamunanagar - Chachchroli - Paonta Sahib because there is no road in Chachchroli. As its raining, it may be even more treacherous to negotiate.

Please advise on road conditions between Karnal and Saharanpur if you have recently been on this stretch of road. Please feel free to suggest any other alternative routes as well.

Thanks in advance!
Old 20th July 2010, 15:40   #2
BHPian

From Karnal to Yamuna Nagar Road is OK OK via indri, Till Indri they have laid new road but from indri to Ladwa road condition is not good. I came back from Yamuna nagar yesterday via indri. Alternate route is via pipli to yamuna nagar
Old 2nd August 2013, 13:01   #3
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Mussoorie: Alternate route during Kawad season

Planning to go to Mussoorie on Id weekend i.e. on 9th. Kavad season will be over by 5th Aug.

Whats the best route to take from North Delhi? How are road and weather conditions?
Old 5th August 2013, 08:18   #4
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Mussoorie: Alternate route during Kawad season

Bump. No revert so far.

Guys, looking forward to your inputs/suggestions on the above query! Plus, please suggest good stopover places on the route as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks