Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2011, 15:01   #61
BHPian

Re: Bnglr to coimbatore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaheshkumar View Post
Hi,

Krishnagiri To Thoppur toll gate (60 Rs) . To avoid we can go till thoppur toll gate,There will be one way near the A2B.If you take that way u can reach near the police quarters after the toll gate.
Where is the way from A2B. I know A2B is on the left side of the road. But I've seen Police quarters in Thoppur will be on the right side of the road.
Can you please elaborate a bit..
Old 8th January 2011, 22:13   #62
BHPian

Re: Using alternate routes to avoid tollways?

I pay ~200Rs for a distance of 300 KMs in NH7 excluding the Elevated road to ECity in Bangalore. If I include it is 230Rs for 300Km. This works out more than 75 Paise/KM. It is not 0.5Rs/Km.

Especially L&T, Reliance and other private contractors charge more than 0.5Rs/km. Only NHAI tolls are charging 0.5Rs/Km

Also looks like these private operators can increase their fare in certain interval. Earlier I used to pay ~140Rs. Except the NHAI, everyone else have increased the charges.
Old 9th January 2011, 11:45   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Toll roads increase more wear & tear on Tires & engine piston rings than ordinary roads.
This statement couldn't be more wrong.

There is no factor about driving on toll roads that increases the stress level of tyres or the engine in any way. In the worst case scenario, toll roads are as bad as regular roads (traffic, poorly maintained tarmac etc.). In the best case scenario, toll roads have superior driving conditions. Driving in 5th gear at 80 - 100 kph is easier on the car than prolonged bumper-to-bumper conditions.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 17:22   #64
Senior - BHPian

Reviving an old thread to post a query.

I would like to know if there is an alternate route to go to Baneshwar without going via the toll booth at Khed Shivapur on NH4.

The reason being that Nasrapur is only a few kms after the toll booth and I dont see why I should pay 100+ bucks for using a few kms of the tolled road.

No offroading, would be using a Honda Jazz.

It is high time that we have alternate roads for all tolled highways as in EU/ US. Not everyone wants to do a GQ run every other weekend!
Old 19th August 2012, 19:53   #65
BHPian

The bypass road which bypass Palliyekkara toll plaza at Thrissur, Kerala was closed with police protection yesterday early morning. The toll company have got favourable order from HC of Kerala, directing the administration to close the bypass.

Last edited by ontheroad : 19th August 2012 at 20:04.
Old 24th December 2012, 13:07   #66
BHPian

Toll is a farce and a scam. Where does our 13.5 % road tax on our vehicles go to? Is there any transparency? Also, express ways and good highways are a basic minimum and not a privilege.

I might conder paying based on usage (kms used) rather than just for entry.
Hyd- Banglore road is good, though the toll is not very reasonable.

Request fellow t-bhpians to come up with roads where we can avoid exhorbitant toll meaningfully. As a consumer, I should have the right to choose to pay or not. Service roads are a necessity.
Old 26th December 2012, 12:38   #67
BHPian

Fellow team-bhpians,
Is there an alternate to avoid the Hyderabad-Vijayawada toll road? They are charging 280 rs one way (for 181 kms - works out more than 1 re per km).

Alternate routes are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 30th March 2016, 19:43   #68
Senior - BHPian

Folks

My friend just gave me the news that starting April 2016, toll fares across the toll plazas in TN will go up by 10%. Does anyone have confirmation on this?
Old 31st March 2016, 20:01   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks

My friend just gave me the news that starting April 2016, toll fares across the toll plazas in TN will go up by 10%. Does anyone have confirmation on this?
Usually that is true suresh. Every year April 1st, annual revision happens across tolls in NH. Am not sure about the % though. I hope it is minimal.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 31st March 2016 at 20:13.
Old 1st April 2016, 11:46   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Toll is a farce and a scam. Where does our 13.5 % road tax on our vehicles go to? Is there any transparency? Also, express ways and good highways are a basic minimum and not a privilege.
Why don't you incite the public and your local corporator/MLA/MP to ask these questions to the elected govts?

The fact is that we the public is as greedy and as freebooter as anyone else.
Perhaps 13.5% road tax is not sufficient to fund the kind of roads you expect as a "basic minimum" ...?

On the other hand: Perhaps the 13.5% is sufficient but corrupt officials and govts ensure that is seems to be insufficient ...?

Obviously your loved elected folks (oh the greatness of democracy) are absolutely hand in glove and thus don't rake up such issues.

Well the thing is that most of the toll roads are built owned and operated by private or usually public-private partnerships. Money counts for profitability and resources cost money. Someone needs to pay them, if not you the user, then you the tax payer will foot the bill.
Old 17th May 2017, 14:09   #71
Senior - BHPian

I was stuck at Krishnagiri toll booth on April 29th for almost 30 mins. The line of vehicles extended 500 mts. This was at 6:30 AM. Did anyone else face the issue? This was the first time that I got stuck for so long. Thoppur toll also was bad but not as bad as Krishnagiri. Has anyone tried the road below to avoid toil plaza?

Using alternate routes to avoid tollways?-krishnagiri-toll-plaza.jpg

Last edited by pramodpk : 17th May 2017 at 14:21.
Old 22nd May 2017, 08:57   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I was stuck at Krishnagiri toll booth on April 29th for almost 30 mins.
Not sure about the road condition, but looks like 6:30 is too late for Krishnagiri. A 4AM start means you go past Krishnagiri at 5/5:15. But I have found even that to be crowded. Not to mention Thoppur.

The reason I bring this up is usually there is a solution to beat the traffic when heading out of Bangalore. But that in general is not the case when coming back. From that point view, Dharmapuri bypass - Palacode - Rayakottai - Hosur seems like a much better option when heading back in the evening.

Because a sure 30-45 minutes delay can be expected when heading back. In that case only thing we should make sure we time for evening such that we still have enough light to take on the SH. But yes this section is quite good in general.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 09:57   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Not sure about the road condition, but looks like 6:30 is too late for Krishnagiri. A 4AM start means you go past Krishnagiri at 5/5:15. But I have found even that to be crowded. Not to mention Thoppur.
This is the first time I got stuck for so long at Krishnagiri. While coming back, I make sure to cross Krishnagiri by 1:00 PM. Even at that time, there is usually a line of 5 - 10 vehicles in each lane. High time they increase the number of lanes in Krishnagiri. For the past 3 trips, I have been taking the Omalur - Tharamangalam - Edappadi route to avoid Salem. I usually take 45 - 50 mins to cover the 47 KMs. There is a a saving of 5 KMs and Rs 125/- in toll.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks