Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2019, 09:34   #16
BHPian

Re: Route to Lohagad Fort

Looks like there hasn't been much activity on this thread for quite some time, but I will really appreciate some inputs regarding the current road condition between Pawna Lake & Lohagad Fort?

I have an upcoming weekend trip to Pune and will be hiring a Ford Freestyle from ZoomCar, to drive to Pawna / Lohagad from Pune. Is it possible to drive all the way to the base of the fort?

Name:  PawnaLohagad.PNG
Views: 1079
Size:  111.3 KB
red.devil_19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 11:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
Is it possible to drive all the way to the base of the fort?
Yes, you can drive all the way till the base of the fort. We had gone via Malavli railway station in early July 2019 and road condition was average, with some bad patches on the hairpin bends in the small ghats before Lohagad. Road is quite narrow in stretches, so drive carefully. If you go via Pawna, you will join the road coming from Malavli at "Dudhiware Khind" shown in your map.

If you go on a weekday, you won't have to worry about the crowds and their haphazard parking leading to traffic blockages. If you go on a weekend, go really early so that you can avoid the worst of the above phenomenon.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 4th November 2019 at 11:05.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 11:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Yes, you can drive all the way till the base of the fort. We had gone via Malavli railway station in early July 2019 and road condition was average, with some bad patches on the hairpin bends in the small ghats before Lohagad. Road is quite narrow in stretches, so drive carefully. If you go via Pawna, you will join the road coming from Malavli at "Dudhiware Khind" shown in your map.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Vikram
Many thanks for the reply. I was just a bit worried as I saw a video on YouTube which showed the person had to stop his car mid way through the ghats because of the bad condition of the roads and walk the rest of the way to the fort.

It really helps to to get inputs on road conditions on this forum. As long as the roads allow us to drive the Freestyle till the fort, it would be fine.

We will be going on Saturday morning, so lets see how crowded it gets.
Old 4th November 2019, 11:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks for the reply. I was just a bit worried as I saw a video on YouTube which showed the person had to stop his car mid way through the ghats because of the bad condition of the roads and walk the rest of the way to the fort.
Yes, some people do that just because they can't navigate the combination of the steep incline and the broken patches just before the incline. These cars parked on the side of an already narrow road is one major reason for the jams.

If I might suggest, start early and go to Lohagad first, taking the conventional route via Malavli, and then do Pawna on the return. That will help a bit in avoiding the crowds.

If you can, go on bikes. Nothing to beat a bike trip in those environs.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 4th November 2019 at 11:36.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 12:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
If I might suggest, start early and go to Lohagad first, taking the conventional route via Malavli, and then do Pawna on the return. That will help a bit in avoiding the crowds.
Thank you once again. Well, we have the entire day at our disposal, so I think we can definitely do Lohagad first.

I hope the route then will be as follows:

Pune-Lohagad-Pawna
Name:  LohagadPawna.PNG
Views: 1291
Size:  105.8 KB

We plan to have lunch at Kinara Village Dhaba after that & then head towards Lonavla to visit a few more places before returning to Pune.
red.devil_19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 12:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We plan to have lunch at Kinara Village Dhaba after that & then head towards Lonavla to visit a few more places before returning to Pune.
Sounds like a fun itinerary. If it's raining, do be careful while climbing / descending Lohagad as the steps can get very slippery. Also don't forget to update this thread (Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!) after your trip.

Enjoy!

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 4th November 2019 at 12:50.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 19:15   #22
BHPian

Visited Lohagad last Monday. Road from Pawna to Dudhware Khind is not in very good condition at few places. Especially the last 200m around Dudhware Khind. Dudhware Khind to Lohagad fort base is in good shape but the incline is steep. Enquired with a local guy at the base of Lohagad fort and he suggested us not to take the route via Visapur fort to Malavli instead go through the road in front of Dinosasaurs Park which connects to Mumbai-Pune Express way at Kusgaon.
SUBRU is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 13:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.... don't forget to update this thread (Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!) after your trip
Aah! comfortablynumb, lazy aren't we - enjoy your rain outings, but let someone else post to update the thread?

Can I appeal you to please keep the Magnificent Maharashtra thread updated with your (interesting places and) trips too?
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 14:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Aah! comfortablynumb, lazy aren't we - enjoy your rain outings, but let someone else post to update the thread?

Can I appeal you to please keep the Magnificent Maharashtra thread updated with your (interesting places and) trips too?
As far as the lazy part goes, I plead Guilty, Hey Prabhu.

About sharing a few pics from my monsoon trips, it's already done saar. Here are some links for your viewing pleasure:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post4617157 (Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post4630786 (Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post4253628 (With my TUV300 to Sinhagad Fort, Balaji Temple, Narayanpur & Shivthar Ghal)

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 02:17   #25

Which route did you end up taking? And was the route good? Planning a visit to the fort tomorrow!

Quote:

I hope the route then will be as follows:

Pune-Lohagad-Pawna
Attachment 1930727

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks