Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2010, 18:36   #31
BHPian

All the best for your trip. I would recommend an early morning start on both days. Something like 3am from Mumbai and reach Bangalore around 8pm. And if you manage to start around 4.30am on Day 2 from Bangalore, you could make it to Cochin in this route by 3pm with sedate driving. Wish you a safe drive.
Old 21st December 2010, 19:27   #32

Re: Mumbai to Kochi round trip : Advice needed

hi friends,

Sorry for reporting in late.. Thanks to all your suggestions and best wishes, I did manage to do my Mumbai-B'lore-Ernakulam-Blore-Mumbai roundtrip as planned...I had to do it solo, coz my wife coudnt join at the last minute.
A bit of careful planning helped, and I managed to complete each leg with a variation of 1-2 hrs from the planned timings
Started from Mumbai on 1st Nov at 5.00 AM sharp, and I was in Tumkur by 7 PM. I had decided to break at Tumkur because it was easier taking the NICE bypass to Hosur on day 2.
Started from Tumkur at 5 AM next morning and was in Ernakulam by 8 in the evening.. delayed due to the horrible road conditions between Avinasi-Coimbatore and then again Pallakad-Trissur and Trissur-ELM

Could not fit a return trip via Chennai or Madurai due to shortage of time, and had to retrace the same route...with a stopover in Blore for a couple of days.

Overall a fantastic drive...and quite an achievement on a 7 yr old Santro...Not even a flat tire (although my suspension needs an overhaul

Sitting here in a dull, grey, freezing London looking at the snow piling up outside , I can only think about the trip that it was and feel the heart racing faster!!
Thanks again!! ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks