Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 17:37   #1
BHPian

Coimbatore to Kolkata on a Bullet-Need help in Itenary

Hi

I would like to thank the wonderful people here ,who had helped me alot in planning a 12 days ride but I apologize to the same people for not contributing back. I have lost the trip log that I had with me and the pics are yet to reach me.But will be posting with all info I have once I get the pics.

I am planning to attend the RM 2011 organized by Eastern Bulls (Mid January place: Kolkata). I have 11 days with me to do this ride. Initially was planning for North East (Sikkim Bhutan) after RM but was told Jan is not the right time for north east.

This will be a group ride (10 to 15 riders as of now)

Options are as follows:

Option 1: Ride from Coimbatore to Kolkata.Attend RM11 and Ride back (Most Unlikely, since it will be extensive riding and no activities can be done within 10 or 11 days)

Option 2: Send the bike to Kolkata (Bike through Train, Me : catch a flight) .Attend RM11 and Ride back to coimbatore

Option 3: Send the bike to Kolkata (Bike through Train, Me : catch a flight). Attend RM11 .Ride to North east. send the bike back to coimbatore.(Bike through Train, Me : catch a flight).

If I am sending the bikes ,It will be mostly through Train(But inputs are welcome).

For Options 2 and 3 what may be the best Itenary(8 or 9 days):

Our Interest:

Hills, Forests are priority and Least priority to GQ (would like to take GQ if there is a time or safety constraint ).

We are interested in activities like river rafting, camping on the river banks or inside a forest (wont be carrying tents but like to use the facility if available ), Sea diving, Bunge jump, or any adventure sports.

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Buvan
Old 18th August 2010, 18:22   #2
BHPian

How about

Kolkata-chattisgarh-Maharastra-Karnataka-TN(coimbatore) ?

Does the above route has anything (mentioned in above post as our interest ) to offer ? if yes what are those places and route?

How is the above route when compared to the following route ?

Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu to Kolkata, West Bengal - Google Maps

(Typed as Coimbatore to Kolkata in google maps, consider it as Kolkata to Coimbatore)

Regards
Buvan
Old 18th August 2010, 18:32   #3
BHPian

I am planning to send the bike to Kolkata both ways: since that way I can make time for NE-Sikkim ride.

But if you want to ride down then here is one suggestion:
Coimbatore - Pulicat - Kolleru (Bird Sanctuary) - Chilka - Puri/Konark - Simlipal (Sanctuary) - Kolkata -> 7 days in all.
Old 18th August 2010, 18:51   #4
BHPian

Hi Cougar

Thanks for the Suggestion. Will research on that.

I assume you are attending RM11. Can you please share your itenary? Are you planning to do Nathula pass. is it doable in jan ?
Old 19th August 2010, 16:51   #5
BHPian

Eagerly waiting.Help please!!!
Old 26th August 2010, 20:33   #6
BHPian

Waiting for the inputs. Will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Buvan
Old 30th August 2010, 21:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Would suggest you start the main part (RM 11) fresh. So transport both yourself and bike to NJP.

Return journey: depends on time in hand, your sense of adventure, riding alone or in a group etc. Personally, on a bike, I try to avoid roads on which buses ply.

Regards
Sutripta

Last edited by Sutripta : 30th August 2010 at 21:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks