Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 12:28   #1
BHPian

Andhra state taxi permit...

Does any one know how much does this cost? I was trying to book a tempo traveller to tirupati, from bangalore. The cab guy was quoting 3500rs just for permit alone. Sounded ridiculous.

I remember it is around 600rs for tn and kerala. Any idea guys?
Old 26th August 2010, 13:14   #2
BHPian

I heard the same from my old company's cab driver. AP had made annual or bi-annual tax, unlike other states where you pay at TOLL a one time fee, in AP you would be paying for whole year. But, cab guy shouldnt be charging so much and all from you, isnt it. Try other transport companies and keep us updated.
Old 26th August 2010, 13:32   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Why do you want to get into the permits & stuff ? Most of these tourist vehicles should have such annual permits. My past experience has been to avoid getting into these finer details.

Another point is - if you pay for the permit, will you get it back after your trip ?

Or will he continue to use it for the rest of it's validity period ? If yes, will he give you a discount for using it ?

It is going to be difficult if not impossible to get the permit back from him after your trip.

On a related note, I'd like to understand how the permit system works.
Old 26th August 2010, 14:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

He is trying to take you for a ride.Ask him to take a hike.

Try contacting kstdc authorized travel agents, they have permits for all the southern states.(of course, except state of origin)

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 26th August 2010 at 14:02. Reason: Edit
Old 26th August 2010, 15:10   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
I heard the same from my old company's cab driver.
Yes, the company cab guy is whom i was also talking to.
Quote:
AP had made annual or bi-annual tax, unlike other states where you pay at TOLL a one time fee, in AP you would be paying for whole year.
That seems to be the issue. All the cab drivers running for call center and companies are quoting this 3500.

But cab companies are not quoting them, or quoting much lower rate. City taxi is asking for 1k. This is by far the lowest "permit" i have come across thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Why do you want to get into the permits & stuff ?
I didnt. It came up when i asked for the charge break up.

Quote:
Try contacting kstdc authorized travel agents, they have permits for all the southern states.(of course, except state of origin)
i am not sure who are authorized. I am checking with city taxi, sri sai travels, geo travels etc.

BTW, how many adults can i expect to travel comfortably in a taxi qualis? He claims 8.

Also, the old madras route. How good it is? I guess this will be the route taken, as going thru tn will end paying dual permits.

Last edited by gkrishn : 26th August 2010 at 15:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks