Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 00:15   #1
BHPian

Present Condition of NH 17

Want to know the present condition of NH 17 from kasargod to kundapura . Will be traveling in this route day after tomorrow .
Old 25th July 2013, 23:38   #2
BHPian

Re: Present Condition of NH 17

Friends, I would like to know the present condition of NH17 after the heavy rain fall that has been happening for the past few days in the Konkan and Goa region, as I will be driving from Mumbai to Madgaon in a couple of days, has anyone gone this route recently, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 26th July 2013, 07:38   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssadwelkar View Post
Friends, I would like to know the present condition of NH17 after the heavy rain fall that has been happening for the past few days in the Konkan and Goa region, as I will be driving from Mumbai to Madgaon in a couple of days, has anyone gone this route recently, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Dont have real time info but with that amount of rain, ill suggest you better fly down or take a train or something. It has been raining like crazy in north Goa.
Have a safe trip.
Old 26th July 2013, 15:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssadwelkar View Post
if no particular reason to take this route,i suggest go via pune kolhapur belgaum chorla to madgaon
Old 11th August 2013, 11:36   #5
BHPian

Finally back after a long road trip from Mumbai to Mapusa via Kudal via NH17 and then to Karwar and Coorg and then return to Karwar and Mapusa and then to Mumbai via NH4.

I have never been so tired driving as I love driving especially through rains, but this time it drained me out completely, the condition of NH17 up to Mangaon is quite bad up to the Open Umbrella restaurant, it took us more than 12 hours to reach Kudal where as we used to do this stretch in less than 10 hours when the roads were good.

Similarly for our return journey I decided to take NH4 considering the condition of NH17 but this was no better, with road works going on every few kilometers once you enter Maharashtra and to add to that the potholes it took us about 15 hours from Mapusa to Mumbai, normally we used to do this in less than 12 hours.

Avoid driving to Goa and back either by NH17 or NH4, both routes are bad, like akshay380 suggested take a train or something.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks