Team-BHP - Gurgaon - Ranthambore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Gurgaon - Ranthambore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/89040-gurgaon-ranthambore.html)

Anybody recently done this route? What are the road conditions from Gurgaon to Jaipur on NH8 and further from Jaipur to Tonk to Sawai Madhopur?

Suggest an ideal short route. I intend to leave by 5 am from Gurgaon and would like to reach before 12 to catch the afternoon/evening jeep safari.

Sir,

I did Jaipur-Delhi-Jaipur last weekend. The road condition from Delhi to Jaipur is pretty good. I started at 0700hrs from Delhi (C.P side) and reached Jaipur exactly at Noon. Kindly note that it was a Sunday plus I usually do not speed the car more than 90kmph.

On the other side Jaipur- Delhi took me 8 hrs, that side of the road is not as good as the other side. I started from Jaipur at noon and got stuck after Manesar.

I had a friend who came from Swaimadhopur 1 month back and he said that the roads were horrible from SawaiMadhopur till Tonk (70kms) and then Ok'ish from Tonk till Niwahi (30kms)and then good from Niwahi to Jaipur (70kms).

We had a news article a few days back that the govt has started to repair the SH's so hopefully they would get better by October. (I presume you would only be going in Oct after the park opens?)

Regards

Thanks Deky, that is one great info. I need to know one more thing - as I approach Jaipur, should I take the bypass near Chandwaji towards Ajmer to go to Tonk or drive straight through the city and....?

And yes, my itinerary is from 3rd Oct onwards. Escaping CWG mess..:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deky (Post 2072999)
Sir,

I did Jaipur-Delhi-Jaipur last weekend. The road condition from Delhi to Jaipur is pretty good. I started at 0700hrs from Delhi (C.P side) and reached Jaipur exactly at Noon. Kindly note that it was a Sunday plus I usually do not speed the car more than 90kmph.

I had a friend who came from Swaimadhopur 1 month back and he said that the roads were horrible from SawaiMadhopur till Tonk (70kms) and then Ok'ish from Tonk till Niwahi (30kms)and then good from Niwahi to Jaipur (70kms).

We had a news article a few days back that the govt has started to repair the SH's so hopefully they would get better by October. (I presume you would only be going in Oct after the park opens?)

Regards

BCG, I don't think the park will be open before mid-October, please double check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 2073028)
Thanks Deky, that is one great info. I need to know one more thing - as I approach Jaipur, should I take the bypass near Chandwaji towards Ajmer to go to Tonk or drive straight through the city and....?

And yes, my itinerary is from 3rd Oct onwards. Escaping CWG mess..:)

HaHa!! Lot of Delhi'ites are escaping Delhi. Good for us Hotel owners :)

No need to take the the Chandwaji- Ajmer Jaipur bypass. Come through the city. Then you could either take the road through Amer, HawaMahal, Johri Bazaar and then Jawahar lal Nehru Marg, 3rd being a Sunday the walled city would be less crowded.

Or alternatively you could go straight ( from where the road cuts right to Amer) and reach transport nagar crossing and then take right and second left on rajapark road, police memorial and left to birla mandir i.e J.L.N Marg towards the airport. The only problem at transport nagar crossing is that they are making a flyover there and sometimes you have to wait for 15-20mnts.

Also do stop by at my guesthouse which will be on your way on J.L.N Marg for a quick cup of tea/snacks.

Regards

Sarkar,

My suggestion would be to use the other state highway - it was in good shape in Dec '08. You take the state highway from Shahpura to Dausa (state unknown) then the brand new state highway (untolled then) to Sawai Madhopur direct.

I cant google up the details but it was a fantastic state highway made back then. Faster/shorter and better.

@suman: http://www.rajasthanwildlife.com/wil...ional-Park.htm Oct 1 it opens. So the page says. Best would be to see booking page http://www.rajasthanwildlife.in/make...anyourtrip.jsp on 18th :-)

My bookings are from 3rd onwards and the gypsy safaris have already been booked. ID documents submitted and payments done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 2073040)
BCG, I don't think the park will be open before mid-October, please double check.

Will call when nearing Jaipur to get correct bearings.. This sounds really interesting. Will skip Behror stop then..:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deky (Post 2073080)
HaHa!! Lot of Delhi'ites are escaping Delhi. Good for us Hotel owners :)

No need to take the the Chandwaji- Ajmer Jaipur bypass. Come through the city. Then you could either take the road through Amer, HawaMahal, Johri Bazaar and then Jawahar lal Nehru Marg, 3rd being a Sunday the walled city would be less crowded.

Or alternatively you could go straight ( from where the road cuts right to Amer) and reach transport nagar crossing and then take right and second left on rajapark road, police memorial and left to birla mandir i.e J.L.N Marg towards the airport. The only problem at transport nagar crossing is that they are making a flyover there and sometimes you have to wait for 15-20mnts.

Also do stop by at my guesthouse which will be on your way on J.L.N Marg for a quick cup of tea/snacks.

Regards

Hitanshu, that route was then in '08. Now , I hear that this road is in a total mess. Dausa is in Rajasthan..

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 2073118)
Sarkar,

My suggestion would be to use the other state highway - it was in good shape in Dec '08. You take the state highway from Shahpura to Dausa (state unknown) then the brand new state highway (untolled then) to Sawai Madhopur direct.

I cant google up the details but it was a fantastic state highway made back then. Faster/shorter and better.

@suman: Ranthambhore National Park Oct 1 it opens. So the page says. Best would be to see booking page Rajasthan Wildlife,Wild Life Rajasthan,Rajasthan Wildlife Sanctuary on 18th :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 2074120)
Will call when nearing Jaipur to get correct bearings.. This sounds really interesting. Will skip Behror stop then..:)

Most welcome. Just incase you want to feed the address in your gps the bearings of the guest house are
26*50'44.17" N
75*48'04.94" E

Regards

@GD saaab - i meant current state of the highway is unknown.

But even in dec 08, the new highway was fantastic and was going to get tolled. I'd advise taking a check on that while in Jaipur. It Sure beat Tonk road hands down back then!

My route plans have more or less finalised:

Gurgaon - (NH8) - Shahpura - Manoharpur - Dausa - Lalsot - Sawai Madhopur - RNP - Tonk - Deoli - Kekri - Beawar Bypass - Bar - Jodhpur - Bar - Beawar - Ajmer - Jaipur - Gurgaon.

Estimated Kms - 1400 Kms.

P.S: Deky, plan to stop by on my way back..

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 2074973)

Gurgaon - (NH8) - Shahpura - Manoharpur - Dausa - Lalsot - Sawai Madhopur - RNP - Tonk - Deoli - Kekri - Beawar Bypass - Bar - Jodhpur - Bar - Beawar - Ajmer - Jaipur - Gurgaon.

Sure, Good luck and hope to see some excellent pics when you back. Have fun!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 2074973)

Beawar to Ajmer is in a bad state on NH8,4 laning in progress,no road shoulder absolutely and heavy truck traffic.

Seventeen hours to go..:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 2091476)
Seventeen hours to go..:)

Do let us know the road conditiona between

Gurgaon - (NH8) - Shahpura - Manoharpur - Dausa - Lalsot - Sawai Madhopur.

I am planning to do this road trip on 14th oct

Oops..After my return, plunged headlong into work and visited TBHP today. So, my reporting would be of no help but still:

Gurgaon to Manoharpur is a breeze as it is the NH8. Of course some road expansion work is going on NH8 but that is a minor irritant. Manoharpur - Dausa is a single lane SH and in good condition with some patches of bad road inbetween.

It is the Dausa - Lasot - Sawai that is a nightmare. Leh roads appear to be a cakewalk compared to this stretch. Since I was the one who was driving, couldn't take any photographs of the bad roads. I was running against time.

@abbey4u: Did you do this sector on 14th? If yes, then your experience of the roads.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by abbey4u (Post 2092625)
Do let us know the road conditiona between

Gurgaon - (NH8) - Shahpura - Manoharpur - Dausa - Lalsot - Sawai Madhopur.

I am planning to do this road trip on 14th oct