Team-BHP - Delhi Commonwealth Games 2010 - Games lane map and blocked roads
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Delhi Commonwealth Games 2010 - Games lane map and blocked roads (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/89214-delhi-commonwealth-games-2010-games-lane-map-blocked-roads.html)

I was looking for a map of the roads which will be closed, or have a dedicated games lane, so that we can avoid those stretches, esp during peak hours.
However, as expected, the official website just talks about games lanes, but does not give a map of the roads which have a special lanes.
There is also no information about when exactly the lanes will start functioning, and ordinary motorists will not be allowed.
Anybody have a map or something of the games lanes, and also the information about the dates between which the games lane will be out of bounds for normal traffic?

Here you go, hope this helps -
http://delhitrafficpolice.nic.in/images/cwg.JPG

This was in the newspapers last week as well (in case you find this too small). The dedicated games lanes were supposed to start this morning but they've pushed it back by 3 days - will now start Thursday, 23rd September.

thanks suman. This map would be useless to an outsider, but since I am aware of east and south delhi, it helps a lot.
I wonder why did they not put up a nice detailed map.

My office is on Ma Anandmayi marg, and there is no way I can avoid this route. Looks like next 3 weeks are going to be a real nightmare. Even more than it already is - I am daily spending 4-5 hours commuting :-( Earlier it used to be 2 hours :-((

\N

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntomer (Post 2077519)
My office is on Ma Anandmayi marg, and there is no way I can avoid this route. Looks like next 3 weeks are going to be a real nightmare.

I don't envy you. You should try & convince your HR Dept to start flexi hours. We have started them effective yesterday - people have been given the option of coming in at 7 & leaving at 3.......

I wonder how any one can make any sense of this map!

Got an email regarding this. Hope this helps. Seemed rather confusing to me.

May be we do not need to worry about Traffic Chaos. See the link below
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cwg-may-b...3.html?from=tn

Suman da,

Mathura road is blocked from Ashram - Badarpur from 0700 ~ 1730 hrs. Your office is right next to mathura road. How are you gonna cut across ?

Today morning it took me almost 3hrs to reach office, that is after belting the last 20kms @ 100 + speeds. Commuting these days around Delhi is a nightmare and the rain is just making things worse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 2077734)
Suman da,

Mathura road is blocked from Ashram - Badarpur from 0700 ~ 1730 hrs. Your office is right next to mathura road. How are you gonna cut across ?

Today morning it took me almost 3hrs to reach office, that is after belting the last 20kms @ 100 + speeds. Commuting these days around Delhi is a nightmare and the rain is just making things worse.

Prajesh, blocked already? Why? How does anyone get anywhere at this rate? How does one go to Agra then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 2077734)

Why should Mathura Road be blocked? It doesn't even have a dedicated games lane. I hope you're not mixing up with the restrictions for Goods vehicles (which is what Anantnehru has posted below)?

Here's something that will probably be easier to understand compared to the map (ignore some of the atrocious spelling mistakes :D) -
Delhi Traffic Police, New Delhi (India) - Fire Accident, Emergency Services in Delhi, Delhi Police, Fire Tenders

Tomorrow onwards Delhi roads will be JAMMED so please be prepared. Start early to reach on time to your destinations.

All the best!

Don't know, if it qualifies here in this thread. These days anybody can see the work going on Delhi roads even during the rains. Agencies have missed all the deadlines so they have working 24x7 and even in the rains. :Frustrati

On 20th Sep, I saw something interesting in the outer circle (opposite Vedas Restaurant) of Cannaught Place. Cars were parked in a authorised NDMC parking area though the area was full of some debris but still few people managed to park their vehicles in that area. To my surprise, contractors and workers were busy in constructing a footpath (in water) around few vehicles in such a way that nobody would have been able to drive their car out of it without breaking the new construction. :D

In first photo, you can see that the whitewash is also on progress.

See it to belive it-

Delhi Commonwealth Games 2010 - Games lane map and blocked roads-20092010.jpg

Delhi Commonwealth Games 2010 - Games lane map and blocked roads-20092010001.jpg

Hey Tanveer, I thought you'd disappear to Jalori!?!? So what do you need the details for? Anyway, here's something I saved from the HT a few days ago. You can zoom in and see better.

CWG road diversions.pdf