Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2010, 19:10   #1
BHPian

3 Drivers , Pune To Delhi - 1 day Possible ?

Well as the thread title is absolutely clear, im starting from Pune tomorrow morning at 3am for Delhi. I just have too much tinkling up my brain for im unable to satisfy the thought if i could make it to delhi by tomorrow Late evening ? I just dont want to push the car or ourselves to a limit where something goes wrong so if anyone has done this route previously, do let me know. And yes, i do start at 3am so pls do respond fast ! Thank you all and God Bless !
Old 21st September 2010, 19:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

3am Pune/ 5am:Ghodbunder/ 830am Vapi/12 Surat / 2pm Baroda / 3pm Ahmedabad / 7pm Udaipur / 9pm Chittor / 1am Nasirabad / 3am Jaipur / 9am Gurgaon
Old 21st September 2010, 19:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Not possible in a day. Don't even try. easily 22-23 hours while driving HARD

RP1 has posted a valid timing. You can shave a couple of hours more (ggn-jaipur road is in bad shape. return would be much faster) max.
Old 21st September 2010, 19:39   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Maximum driving time, even given bad road conditions, should be about 26-28 hours. Have done Delhi-Pune in about 24 hours, driving solo.
Old 21st September 2010, 22:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

*You would take time reaching Ghodbunder
*Ghodbunder to Vapi is pathetic
*Early in the morning,Ghodbunder junction is a mess with trucks leaving and entry,estimate 30mins to clear the signal or more.
*Road very very bad till Vapi,and with darkness it adds to your problem.
*Breakfast stop @ Vapi Mcdonald after Vapi town.
*Vapi-Surat good road.
*Ankleshwar bridge might take some time to clear.This is the bridge over Narmada
*You could stop at Plazzo on your left just before the baroda EW.Very good place for food and washrooms
*At Ahmedabad keep a look out for the SP Ringroad,take the ring road and connect to NH8 at Chiloda.
*Chiloda-Ransan circle is the only 2laned section on nh8.Very bad condition for 25kms.Heavily Potholed.
*From thereon till Udaipur very good roads,the ghats before Udaipur will take some time off from your averages
*You could stop at Chittor for the night and leave next day morning.
*From Chittor till Jaipur is a dream run.Excellent conditions.
*Kishengarh-Jaipur is the GVK Expressway
*Jaipur-Delhi 6 laning in progress so you would make slow progress and road shoulder is very less.
Old 22nd September 2010, 05:01   #6
BHPian

HVK saheb did mumbai - delhi in 17 hours

Pune - Delhi should be doable in 20 hours

Current road conditions and given that HVK isnt driving, 26 hours!
Old 22nd September 2010, 05:48   #7

No one asked which car , Assuming that you'll be doing it in Endeavour ( mentioned in your signature ) you can easily do it within 24-28 hours. My Hubby did Goa- Delhi ( almost non-stop ) in 43 hours in a alto with about 3 hours of halt.
Old 22nd September 2010, 06:03   #8

Its quite easily achievable,I have personally done delhi to pune in 18 hours of solo driving in my fiat adventure.It all depends how the weather and the road conditions are.But considering the recent heavy rains I suppose its gonna take you long.
Old 24th September 2010, 08:56   #9

Did you make it? If yes, then how long did it take? Which car?
Old 24th September 2010, 17:01   #10
BHPian

HI All,
still tired after drive so will sum up a short reply right now, will post a detailed travelogue with photographs later. Did this journey on Endevour and i must say, its a brilliant SUV which can be driven for 12+ hours without a break and still it feels it can go on & on !

Started from Pune at around 5.00 am and reached Udaipur at 5.30 in the evening. However , the driver took a wrong road and instead of going to bhilwara NH79, got stuckup at Transport area of Udaipur with a massive Jam of 2 hours. Thereafter took NH8 and landed up at ShriNath Ji (didnt even knew where we were). Then decided to stay for the night at ShriNath ji and Did darshan there next day earning morning
before commencing journey. Delhi jaipur was so pathetic that took long time to cover and even after starting at about 8.30 from Shri Nath ji, reached @ Home in Delhi at about 6.00 PM . Rest later ! Thank you all !
Old 15th October 2010, 03:07   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhi2009 View Post
Started from Pune at around 5.00 am and reached Udaipur at 5.30 in the evening.
Thanks for sharing your journey. I am planning a trip from Pune to Jaipur in the first week of Nov. This will be my first long trip and the car would be Fiat Grande Punto 1.4. I plan to do this in a day but if required will take a halt at Ahmedabad or Udaipur. I will be the only driver.

I will need some guiadence about the roads, place to stay etc etc once I finalize the plan. I hope you won't mind if I PM asking for the details.

Last edited by daredeviljpr : 15th October 2010 at 03:08.
Old 15th October 2010, 03:10   #12

This is easily possible. dad used to do it back in the 80s in the Fiat.
Old 15th October 2010, 08:10   #13
Senior - BHPian

You can check out my various log books for the Bombay-Delhi route for guidance on route, hotels en route, etc:

Take this one, for instance
http://hvkumar.googlegroups.com/web/Ladakh+Sep+2009.xls
Old 15th October 2010, 12:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredeviljpr View Post
Thanks for sharing your journey. I am planning a trip from Pune to Jaipur in the first week of Nov. This will be my first long trip and the car would be Fiat Grande Punto 1.4. I plan to do this in a day but if required will take a halt at Ahmedabad or Udaipur. I will be the only driver.

I will need some guiadence about the roads, place to stay etc etc once I finalize the plan. I hope you won't mind if I PM asking for the details.
Doable.Did this route recently,though not in one stretch.

3am departure Pune.
6am Ghodbunder.
9am Vapi.24 hour McDonalds at Empress Mall.
12pm Surat
2pm Baroda.Stop for lunch before the Eway at Palazzo
3pm AMD
7pm Udaipur

Here begins the dicey question,if you are comfortable driving nights,then you can press ahead or else stop at Udaipur.Udp-Jaipur is 7 hours under best conditions.Take the NH76-79 4 lane GQ.Do not go on the NH8 from Udaipur.You can stop at Midway Bhilwara for food.
Old 15th October 2010, 21:25   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
You can check out my various log books for the Bombay-Delhi route for guidance on route, hotels en route, etc:

Take this one, for instance
http://hvkumar.googlegroups.com/web/Ladakh+Sep+2009.xls
Thank You for the guidance. From the posts I have read I know you are more reliable and accurate than Google Maps, MMI or SatNav. I will definitely go through your posts and get an idea and the xls definitely helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Doable.Did this route recently,though not in one stretch.

3am departure Pune.
6am Ghodbunder.
9am Vapi.24 hour McDonalds at Empress Mall.
12pm Surat
2pm Baroda.Stop for lunch before the Eway at Palazzo
3pm AMD
7pm Udaipur

Here begins the dicey question,if you are comfortable driving nights,then you can press ahead or else stop at Udaipur.Udp-Jaipur is 7 hours under best conditions.Take the NH76-79 4 lane GQ.Do not go on the NH8 from Udaipur.You can stop at Midway Bhilwara for food.
Thank you for the response. I would not prefer driving at night after 9 pm unless I am just an hours distance from Jaipur.

I believe entering and getting out of Mumbai would be a struggle as I am totally new to Mumbai. I have Garmin with SatNav maps and believe that would help me go along the routes suggest by hvkumar and navigate me thru Mumbai.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th October 2010 at 21:49. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 20 mins. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks