Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:23   #1
BHPian

Need Accomodation in Sydney

Hi All,

I am travelling to Sydney next weekend that is i will reach sydney on 4th oct 2010.I need accomodation for 10 days .People who have place in there apartments pz let me know. i can even continue to stay with you for the next 6 months if the rent shared is economical.

Thanks
MSVG

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : This topic has been moved to the appropriate section.

We thank you for your thread and would appreciate you taking the effort to post in the correct section.

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd September 2010 at 17:38. Reason: post moved to route/travel queries section
Old 8th August 2011, 13:46   #2
BHPian

re: Need Accomodation in Sydney

Guys,

I will be needing accomodation in Sydney from next week for at least 6months. Please let me know in case you have pointers. Thanks.
Old 16th August 2011, 05:11   #3
BHPian

Getting accomodation in Sydney was a pain when i went there last time,so i would suggest to book well in advance in friends apartments for the same before you land there.
And its too costly too.A decent 2bhk 2 bath apartment will be 500$ AUD per week rent in Paramatta area (desi area)which is two train stops away from Lidcom (olympic park) and around 45-60 mins away from Sydney CBD.
msvg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 11:55   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Getting accomodation in Sydney was a pain when i went there last time,so i would suggest to book well in advance in friends apartments for the same before you land there.
And its too costly too.A decent 2bhk 2 bath apartment will be 500$ AUD per week rent in Paramatta area (desi area)which is two train stops away from Lidcom (olympic park) and around 45-60 mins away from Sydney CBD.
Well, from what I've seen it is ofcourse a pain to find a decent acco in Sydney and you need some luck to get one. Fortunately I was lucky and was able to find one decent apartment on the day of my arrival itself. Yeah, it's a bit costly, but provides all the facilities and the apartment in itself is pretty spacious and airy.

For people who might visit this thread in search of acco, the following are the sites that you could look at for pointers for accomodation in sydney and for other needs.

realestate.com.au
sydney.gumtree.com.au
131500.com.au

P.S: Be wary with Indian agents here, have heard of instances where people have been duped with false information by them.
Old 25th August 2011, 13:22   #5
BHPian

Try this site. It is a good site to find hotel accomodation in multiple cities worldwide

http://www.wotif.com

Last edited by ptushar : 25th August 2011 at 13:24. Reason: Needed to remove tags which came due to copying URL
Old 30th October 2011, 14:42   #6
BHPian

My close friend is looking for shared accomodation In Parramatta, Sydney starting Nov 15th 2011 till end of Jan 2012.
Preferable to have a room and attached bathroom for oneself in a 2bhk 2 bath apartment .Dont mind staying with Indian Family too as Paying guest too.
The person is a South Indian Girl Working in IT industry in SYDNEY CBD.
Any pointers is highly appreciated.
Please ping me the details

Last edited by msvg : 30th October 2011 at 14:45.
Old 20th January 2015, 14:16   #7
BHPian

Relocating to Sydney

Hi All,

I will be moving to Sydney next month - alone initially and family will join later. I need help in understanding expenses there on school fees and home rent.

1. We are a family of 4 - husband wife and 2 kids aged 10 and 4. A 2-bed acco should suit us well. Which areas should I look at with a budget of 1600 a month (~350AUD a week)?

2. Can I use my Sharp TV, Siemens washing machine there? Are the appliances specs compatible there?

3. Since I will be moving alone initially, how much would a sharing acco cost close to the CBD?

4. What are the realistic spends on commuting (public transport)?

5. How much should I set aside for utilities like electricity, gas and other essentials?

6. Most important, what fees do schools charge? My visa is a 457 temp. When do the school terms start?

Would be grateful if any Sydney members or Aus members can help.

Travelwriter

Last edited by travelwriter : 20th January 2015 at 14:19. Reason: Sign
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks