BHPian

Pune to Tirupathi

Hi!

Am planning a longish trip this Diwali. Itenary is as follows:-
Leg 1. - Pune to Hampi via Hubli
Leg 2. - Hampi to Tirumalla
Leg 3. - Tirumalla to Chennai
Leg 4. - Chennai to Bengaluru
leg 5. - Bengaluru to Pune with overnight halt at Hubli.

Car is Santro AT. Self & Wife with me doing the driving & better half doing the navigation.

I need to know the condition of the road from Hubli to Hampi. Route planned is Hubli-Gadag-Hospet-Hampi.

From hampi to Tirumalla I am planning to go via Hospet - Bellary-Dharmavaram-Kadri-Madanapalli-Tirupathi. Is this route good?

Thanks in advance

Sridhar V
Old 4th October 2010, 22:22   #2
Team-BHP Support

1. Hubli to Hampi is not all that great. OK road

2. Hampi - Tirupati (Mostly on 205)

a. Hospet-Bellary-Anantpur (bad roads and I also think its a Naxal area. HVK can comment)

b. Ananthpur-Kadri-Madanpalle : Decent 2L NH205 Not aware of exact status. But on the whole decent. (Not aware of any food options though)

c. Madanapalle-Pileru-Tirupati is decent. Some Bangalore folks have done that stretch for BLR-TPT (check with Addyhemmige on this stretch)
Old 4th October 2010, 23:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Last 30 kms approaching Hospet from Hubli is very bad.
Bellary-Guntakal road is absolutely terrible.
Despite it being bad, it is better to take the southern road from Hospet. One option (if Bellary road is OK) is to take the SH to Hiriyur, but get off at Challakere and go via Pavagada and Roddam to Penukonda and link up to Kadiri. But that is a total Naxal area.

Another option is to take the Hospet-Raichur, link up with NH7 at Kurnool and then take either the Panyam/Allegada or Gooty/Tadapatri route to Kadapa and Tirumala.
Old 4th October 2010, 23:13   #4
Team-BHP Support

One thing I realize: Connectivity in central AP is pathetic. Apart from being a dry region, roads are terrible and on top, many places being Naxal dominated!
Old 7th October 2010, 18:28   #5
BHPian

Thanks a lot to all of you.

In view of the Naxal areas I am considering coming down NH13 to chitradurga and later cutting acroos thru Dodabellapur to Kadri.

thanks a ton

Sridhar
Old 7th October 2010, 19:59   #6
BHPian

Its easier to reach Tirupathi from Doddaballapur instead of going all the way to Kadiri..
Doddaballapur-Devanahalli-Kolar-mulbagal-Chitoor-Tirupathi

Doddaballapur-Devanahalli-Chickaballapur-Chintamani-Madanpalli-Pileru-Tirupathi

Daddaballapur-Gauribidanur-Hindupur-Kadiri-Madanpalli is very long and roads are not good.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 7th October 2010, 20:35   #7
Team-BHP Support

Some how its not gelling. Perhaps is there any other place with a similar name?
It cannot be Doddaballpur as in Bangalore.
Old 6th April 2011, 19:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune to Tirupati

Hi All,

Planning to do a Pune Tirupati trip in two weeks from now.

This is the route planned..
Name:  Tirupati ROute.png
Views: 13656
Size:  354.1 KB
Time lines are fixed and tight to reach but flexible on return as have got booking done.

Need to reach on 20th until 23:59 and then do shreegrah darshan on 21st and then start back on 22nd morning back. Can start late on 19th .. take a powernap 1-2 hrs in between

Comments suggestions all welcome.

PS: It seems that HYD is shortest but roads till solapur are under-construction

Thanks
Rahul
Old 6th April 2011, 19:43   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pune to Tirupathi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Some how its not gelling. Perhaps is there any other place with a similar name?
It cannot be Doddaballpur as in Bangalore.
I believe it is indeed "Doddaballpur" for almost a year before when I was driving to Bangalore from Pune & when the Nelamangala toll road was still under construction, I thought of taking the Dobspet-Doddaballpur-Yelahanka route to reach my home in Vidyaranyapura area when I saw a MH-12 registered Xylo in confusion mode asking for directions after getting off NH4 at Dobspet before that bridge on NH4.

I got to know that they wanted to go to Tirupathi via Doddaballpur and that is when I realised that the road marked straight at exit of Doddaballpur town indeed takes one to Tirupathi via Devenahalli , Hosakote (NH- 207) as I started to recall from the signboard I had been seeing since my past trip.

I guided them till I deviated right towards Yelahanka as they continued straight towards Devenahalli.

So I believe, this also seems like a viable option to reach Tirupathi considering that all the other routes are not in great shape.
Old 6th April 2011, 20:33   #10
Team-BHP Support

@Parag,

After that post I wrote, I saw Addy and Ravib take that route, which basically goes via Chintamani-Madanapalle-Pileru-Tirupati.

Basically as you said, one needs take NH207 to Devanahalli and then drive to Chintamani via Vijayapura.

But I was not sure, if one needs to travel all the way from Pune for this route. Should'nt there be a shorter route? But later I realized this option is also the best option from Pune and is not longer in any sense.
Old 19th April 2011, 15:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune to Tirupati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Hi All,

Planning to do a Pune Tirupati trip in two weeks from now.

This is the route planned..
Attachment 527812
Time lines are fixed and tight to reach but flexible on return as have got booking done.

Need to reach on 20th until 23:59 and then do shreegrah darshan on 21st and then start back on 22nd morning back. Can start late on 19th .. take a powernap 1-2 hrs in between

Comments suggestions all welcome.

PS: It seems that HYD is shortest but roads till solapur are under-construction

Thanks
Rahul

Any latest updates for the route from anyone ?
Old 26th April 2011, 08:48   #12
BHPian

Hi!

Sorry all for not updating my experience. Was tied up as my FIL later fell sick & we had to attend to him.

The route from B'lore to Tpty via Chittor is not very good as NH4 is basically 1.5 lanes in most places. Also it will take you over 2 hours to clear the roads near electronic city.

Depending on the time of the day you transit B'lore you can catch the NH7 (leading to Bellary) turn on the outer ring road. Then exit at Chikballapur & go on to Madanapalley & from there to Tirupathy. Roads are good with minimal traffic.

Return also can be on the sdame route. Actually from Chikballapur you can go to gauribindur to Sira but the road was being upgraded to NH & was in bad shape in Nov.2010. Check out with the locals.

I will post my route map by evening.

cheers

Sridhar
Old 26th April 2011, 10:34   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Hi!

Sorry all for not updating my experience. Was tied up as my FIL later fell sick & we had to attend to him.

The route from B'lore to Tpty via Chittor is not very good as NH4 is basically 1.5 lanes in most places. Also it will take you over 2 hours to clear the roads near electronic city.

Depending on the time of the day you transit B'lore you can catch the NH7 (leading to Bellary) turn on the outer ring road. Then exit at Chikballapur & go on to Madanapalley & from there to Tirupathy. Roads are good with minimal traffic.

Return also can be on the sdame route. Actually from Chikballapur you can go to gauribindur to Sira but the road was being upgraded to NH & was in bad shape in Nov.2010. Check out with the locals.

I will post my route map by evening.

cheers

Sridhar
Not sure why you had to goto Electronic city. As Parag mention, use the Dobbaspet option to hit Devanhalli and go to Vijayapura and there on to Chintamani/Madnapalle. You dont even need to go to Chikballapur.
Old 28th January 2013, 14:29   #14
BHPian

Pune-Banglore NH4 is in superb shape now. Road widening is going on at some stretches but that doesn’t slow you down much. Can anyone please suggest the fastest route around Banglore to reach Tirupati (If you are coming from Pune)? I would be reaching outskirts of Banglore around 2PM.
Old 28th January 2013, 15:19   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitvp View Post
Pune-Banglore NH4 is in superb shape now. Road widening is going on at some stretches but that doesn’t slow you down much. Can anyone please suggest the fastest route around Banglore to reach Tirupati (If you are coming from Pune)? I would be reaching outskirts of Banglore around 2PM.
Dobbaspet-Doddaballapur-Devanahalli-OMR (via BIAL Road)

Route Link

I dont know how is Devanahalli-Hoskote NH207 status. Its better to take the BIAL road.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks